Worth upgrading Office?

Coombzy

Hey guys I am a student and I was wondering if there would be any benefit at all in getting Office 2013 over my current 2007 right now I just type documents and do the occasional powerpoint so I was wondering what you think I should do keep the 2007 copy or go for 2013?

Hey guys I am a student and I was wondering if there would be any benefit at all in getting Office 2013 over my current 2007 right now I just type documents and do the occasional powerpoint so I was wondering what you think I should do keep the 2007 copy or go for 2013?

I have 2007, and I see no reason to upgrade to 2013.

2013 is more userfriendly I know because I umm let's say I ninja it  :ph34r:

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I use 2013 and it feels much more friendly and looks much nicer than 2007

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I'd get the 2013 just to match Win 8 :D

2007 is fine.

Using Windows 7 on the main machine that I use for working not Windows 8.

If you have money to blow? I'd say upgrade if you needed it or if you highly preferred the new version.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you have money to blow? I'd say upgrade if you needed it or if you highly preferred the new version.

not really just wondered if there would be any significant increase in functionality or maybe something else feature wise I might like not really seeing a difference only the fact it has a windows 8 colour palette.

not really just wondered if there would be any significant increase in functionality or maybe something else feature wise I might like not really seeing a difference only the fact it has a windows 8 colour palette.

It's probably functionality most people don't end up using anyway.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There is no real reason to upgrade. I know people still using office 2003 and it works just fine in most cases.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. 2013 just feels so much better than anything else before it. I think Microsoft really did a good job with this one. Even the way text appears feels better and is more enjoyable. It is much less clunky than any of the previous versions.

I like Office 2013 a lot.

Works well, and solid.

If you come from 2010, I would say no, but as come from 2007 I think it's good, especially if you have features that interest you in 2013, and want a look that fits better Windows 8.

If you plan to have Office on multiple computers, I recommend to get the subscription model: 5 PC's or Macs, for 99$ per year. You have the full suit. There is a new Office every 3 years.

So, you'll spend 300$, which is a bit over the price of Office for 1 PC (250$, assuming you want Outlook), and you get upgraded to the new Office when it comes out, as you are on a subscription model.

But again, this is good only for multiple computers. If it will be just for 1 PC, than its cheaper to get Office Home & Business 2013 edition for 250$, or 130$ for Office Home & Student if you don't care about Outlook.

Are you a student? You can get Office 2013 for cheaper.

4 year subscription for only 79$ U/S Canadian (http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Office-365-University/productID.260246200?Icid=StudentDeals_EN_WhatsNew_1_365University_09302013).

For 2 PCs or Mac. Outlook included.

I use multiple versions at different work sites.. they are all about the same tbh. i'd spend the $ on other upgrades unless this is important to you

I wouldn't go out of my way to pay for it...functionality remains the same across versions unless you're really into the specific stuff.. If it's free then take a look and see if the added features are something you'd use...otherwise there's zero issues with 2007!

The best reason to upgrade really is to maintain the ability to open files. For example if you're on 2007 and someone sends you a 2013 file then likely you can't open it. Personally, I'm just starting to switch over to using google docs (now called google drive). It's gotten to the point where it's powerful enough to do most things, although presentations aren't the greatest as of yet. And it's free!

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Google Drive doesn't support Office 2013 format at all, it totally breaks the entire layout, including font, and page rotation of select pages.

It really depends what your school/college use. I'd say, use whatever they use, because that way, is very unlikely to run in some incompatibility problems (something like messed up layout when opening in class etc.).

It really depends what your school/college use. I'd say, use whatever they use, because that way, is very unlikely to run in some incompatibility problems (something like messed up layout when opening in class etc.).

they use 2010 atm the moment so I assume thats still docx

they use 2010 atm the moment so I assume thats still docx

Well, regardless of extension, sometimes, for some reason, you do work on your home PC, and when you load it in school/college it is all messed up, and you don't have time to figure out what's going on. That happened to my friend on college, I'm not saying it will, but it may happen..., so i guess it is best to use whatever they use. But again, that was with 2003-2007 (if i remember corectly), maybe with 2010-2013 that is not the case.

If you have 2010, not with upgrading to 2013, unless you really need a GPU rendered UI for some reason.

2010 and 2013 has the same format. You should not have any compatibility problems.

If you have 2010, not with upgrading to 2013, unless you really need a GPU rendered UI for some reason.

2010 and 2013 has the same format. You should not have any compatibility problems.

the college uses 2010 I use 2007.