TRIM feature SSD

GeorgeKellow
3 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Best program to use? 

(Slow replies, eating dinner) 

Windows? I use sandisk dashboard; I have a sandisk SSD just use the software that comes with the SSD.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

3 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Best program to use? 

(Slow replies, eating dinner) 

No?

If your OS supports it (and it's enabled), you shouldn't need to even think about it.

Sig under construction.

30 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

Windows? I use sandisk dashboard; I have a sandisk SSD just use the software that comes with the SSD.

I've got a samsung 850 evo

Windows 8 and up does it natively through the OS. But you can force run it by opening up disk defragment and optimize the SSD.

Windows 7 does not optimize, it defrags, so don't do it under Windows 7. For this, it needs to use the SSD software that comes with it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Windows 8 and up does it natively through the OS. But you can force run it by opening up disk defragment and optimize the SSD.

Windows 7 does not optimize, it defrags, so don't do it under Windows 7. For this, it needs to use the SSD software that comes with it.

This.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4.