What fans for silent Define S build?

Allshevski

Hello there,

I'm back with yet another question about fans. So to begin with, I'm getting Define S soon and want to buy some really good fans for it. What I'm looking for is the maximum performance at the same noise level as other fans would produce. I don't plan to water cool it for maybe 2 years so I don't need all radiator fans. The fan setup I'm going to use is inverted airflow with no use for top fan slots, only rear one and two or three in the front. Also, my PSU fan needs a replacement and as I really love it, I'm not going to replace the whole PSU until I need to. 

So could you please give me some example setups? Looks are also an important factor but if it has to be noctua to make the build more silent overall, I can deal with that..

I've been thinking about taking 3x Silent Wings 2 120mm in the front, one 140mm variant in the back and an 120mm eloop fan for my CPU radiator set up in push.
And for noctua side I thought it would be nice to have front filled with NF-P12's, rear fan could be the NF-A14 and then NF-F12 for my CPU heatsink.

As I don't see my PSU fan I could live with any of mentioned fans inside, just take into account some pressure from both the PSU and case grills as well as optional dust filter.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Why use 120mm fans when there are 140mm mounting options? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why use 120mm fans when there are 140mm mounting options? 

Well, there are more options for 120mm and I like them more overall, but as I said, feel free to suggest other options.

19 hours ago, Allshevski said:

Well, there are more options for 120mm and I like them more overall, but as I said, feel free to suggest other options.

If you can afford it, go with 140mm SW2's for intake in the front and possibly the bottom and one for the rear exhaust. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you can afford it, go with 140mm SW2's for intake in the front and possibly the bottom and one for the rear exhaust. 

I can, but wouldn't noctua give more performance with the same level of noise? I'm really ready to spend every penny for good quality fans.. And looks aren't a factor anymore.

1 hour ago, Allshevski said:

I can, but wouldn't noctua give more performance with the same level of noise? I'm really ready to spend every penny for good quality fans.. And looks aren't a factor anymore.

No, SW2's are quieter for the performance for 140mm's. For 120mm's, NF-S12A's are better. 

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

No, SW2's are quieter for the performance for 140mm's. For 120mm's, NF-S12A's are better. 

Thank you <3 and they look so much better.. And heatsink fan? do you think I could swap the NF-F12 with Black Phobya/Alphacool eLoop 120mm without sacrificing much of the noise and performance? Because it looks so damn good. Cooler is Cryorig H7.. Or any other alternatives in colors other than this brown?

17 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

Thank you <3 and they look so much better.. And heatsink fan? do you think I could swap the NF-F12 with Black Phobya/Alphacool eLoop 120mm without sacrificing much of the noise and performance? Because it looks so damn good. Cooler is Cryorig H7.. Or any other alternatives in colors other than this brown?

Performance would be fine. The tonality between the fans are different but both are very quiet already. 

LTT NF-F12's are black with removable rubber corners if that's what you're into. I'd personally go with either a NF-S12A or SW2 though. 

Actually no, even black noctua fans paired with chromax rubber corners can't match that look of shiny eLoops ^^ I owuld buy 3 SW2's 140mm and one eLoop, thank you so much <3