3D Modeling program for 3D Printer

I want to invest in a 3D printer. Something small like an M3D Micro or a Da Vinci Jr. 

something in the sub 500USD price range.

The big problem thats preventing me from getting one? I dont know what the hell i would wanna make besides little crap trinkets or figurines.

So im looking for a 3D modeling software and some quality video tutorials on how to use said software, because i dont know dick about 3D modeling lol.

Tried blender once, got frustrated and gave up.

actually the first thing i could really use are some drink coasters for my desk...

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Blender has official add-ons for making it easier to prepare a model for 3d-printing. You just have to activate them in the user preferences.

As a long time Blender user I would urge you to try again, there are a ton of tutorials on youtube both for absolute beginners and more specific tasks. If the node system seems daunting, don't worry, it's only used for rendering and things affecting rendering, so you will never need to touch it when making models for 3d-printing.