Intel CPU

Hey there guys!

Really nice forum, I've been stalking a bit in here. My biggest question is should i pick a 4690 + msi h81m-p33 for 280€ or a cheaper board for the i5 6500 plus the ram. I've got already 8g of ddr3 ram, r9 380 2g and a psu corsair vs550. This rig is mainly for playing Division, csgo, overwatch, dark souls III. I know that my gpu is weak but I'm waiting for the pascal :)

Best regards

14 minutes ago, BukaSlyat said:

Hey there guys!

Really nice forum, I've been stalking a bit in here. My biggest question is should i pick a 4690 + msi h81m-p33 for 280€ or a cheaper board for the i5 6500 plus the ram. I've got already 8g of ddr3 ram, r9 380 2g and a psu corsair vs550. This rig is mainly for playing Division, csgo, overwatch, dark souls III. I know that my gpu is weak but I'm waiting for the pascal :)

Best regards

since you already got 8GB of DDR3 RAM just go with the 4690 combo.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

2 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

since you already got 8GB of DDR3 RAM just go with the 4690 combo.

for future proof which should i pick?

Just now, BukaSlyat said:

for future proof which should i pick?

there's no such thing as future proof. the 4690 will be fine for years to come.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, SeanAngelo said:

there's no such thing as future proof. the 4690 will be fine for years to come.

I see. So the CPU market doesnt evolve much as the GPU? I've bought the 380 in the launch day and i dont regret it. So it will be fine for those games and a little of streaming for twitch ?

If you know that you only can the next 1 or 2 years affort upgrades part per part than sell your DDR3 RAM and go for Skylake. If you only want to buy a PC wich will last for some years and than make a whole new from scratch than take the i5 4690 and the cheap board (look arround if you can get a better deal used)

Just now, Narnash said:

If you know that you only can the next 1 or 2 years affort upgrades part per part than sell your DDR3 RAM and go for Skylake. If you only want to buy a PC wich will last for some years and than make a whole new from scratch than take the i5 4690 and the cheap board (look arround if you can get a better deal used)

This case I will sell my old 1090t and the board to a friend. I just want to upgrade to something nice. I tried to find used parts, but the prices are awful, I rather prefer to buy new, that combo that I first posted is really neat.

1 minute ago, BukaSlyat said:

I see. So the CPU market doesnt evolve much as the GPU? I've bought the 380 in the launch day and i dont regret it. So it will be fine for those games and a little of streaming for twitch ?

The CPU market really not evolved much the last cupple years, the new chipsets with the CPUs atleast give some new things but te CPUs itself ... 

Your GPU ... a r9 380 is nice for 1080p gaming, if you wait for pascal release keep in mind that if you go all in that your 4690 might bottleneck a bit (if you take a r9 "490x" for example)

Just now, Narnash said:

The CPU market really not evolved much the last cupple years, the new chipsets with the CPUs atleast give some new things but te CPUs itself ... 

Your GPU ... a r9 380 is nice for 1080p gaming, if you wait for pascal release keep in mind that if you go all in that your 4690 might bottleneck a bit (if you take a r9 "490x" for example)

I'll take the risk of doing small upgrades, I've bought the 1090t and the board at launch day and it served me well till this day (i want to upgrade, I feel a bit underperformed), yesterday i was playing Division and randomly got a black screen and I couldnt get back into the game, had to restart the PC, so i suppose that is the cpu problem.

13 minutes ago, BukaSlyat said:

This case I will sell my old 1090t and the board to a friend. I just want to upgrade to something nice. I tried to find used parts, but the prices are awful, I rather prefer to buy new, that combo that I first posted is really neat.

In germany are the prices not to bad at the moment in my opinion ... 175euro or less for a used i5 4670k (a bit lack of thermals but delid and go) and 200euro or less for a i5 4690k (and for i7 4770k for 250 -275 euro)

and used  Z8/97 MOBO isn't that expensiv either a Z87 Mobo can easy go for 50 euro 

If you want to use that what you buy nowlonger I whould recomand to take a K CPU and a Z87 now. In a year or two you can ad a nice top tier aircooler run a OC'd CPU till you feel underpowerd again. 

1 hour ago, Narnash said:

In germany are the prices not to bad at the moment in my opinion ... 175euro or less for a used i5 4670k (a bit lack of thermals but delid and go) and 200euro or less for a i5 4690k (and for i7 4770k for 250 -275 euro)

and used  Z8/97 MOBO isn't that expensiv either a Z87 Mobo can easy go for 50 euro 

If you want to use that what you buy nowlonger I whould recomand to take a K CPU and a Z87 now. In a year or two you can ad a nice top tier aircooler run a OC'd CPU till you feel underpowerd again. 

in this case, the used prices in Portugal are aweful.... and there is nothing good to buy atm. So my only option for less 300€ is really that combo.