New build

What do you guys think? I plan to build it near august. Should I sell my Noctua fans (in another post coming sooner or later), as well as my power supply (I plan to sell that later too)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TZN6cf

What should I change? (I also plan to ditch the cooler ad do a full loop later)

Breaking things 1 day at a time

i recommend against anything but vengeance lpx and hyperx ram for skylake, just because i've seen skylake being very picky with ram

also, like aytex said, its best if you can wait for pascal, 1 month and a half

edit: also, that AIO is famous for cracks and leaks, so be careful

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Looks like a fine build, but I wouldn't recommending overclocking parts. It doesn't give you much for your money.

Drop to an i5-6500, H110 or H170 motherboard, and 2133MHz RAM.

M.2 SSD? Why?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

36 minutes ago, Aytex said:

wait for pascal/polaris

It wont be until August, so ive got time to see what happens (hopefully)

34 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i recommend against anything but vengeance lpx and hyperx ram for skylake, just because i've seen skylake being very picky with ram

also, like aytex said, its best if you can wait for pascal, 1 month and a half

edit: also, that AIO is famous for cracks and leaks, so be careful

Ok i will change the RAM. I picked that because of the LED's, but i will change it

AIO: Ive had it for a while and no bad luck yet. So its temporary until I get the full loop

1 minute ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

Ok i will change the RAM. I picked that because of the LED's, but i will change it

AIO: Ive had it for a while and no bad luck yet. So its temporary until I get the full loop

well the crack and leaks normally occur during transportation, so if you have it and its fine then its probably fine :P

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

14 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Looks like a fine build, but I wouldn't recommending overclocking parts. It doesn't give you much for your money.

Drop to an i5-6500, H110 or H170 motherboard, and 2133MHz RAM.

M.2 SSD? Why?

Why and i5? And why a H110 or H170 motherboard?

M.2: It is fairly cheap and I can hide it in the motherboard

22 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

Why and i5? And why a H110 or H170 motherboard?

M.2: It is fairly cheap and I can hide it in the motherboard

If you aren't doing heavy multitasking, an i7 is pointless.

Z170 boards are built for overclocking. Since you aren't overclocking (or I'm suggesting you not), you can save the money there.

Further more, you can also save money on getting a cheaper 2133MHz RAM, since that is what Skylake supports at stock speeds. Save money everywhere. ^_^

Do you really need to hide a 2.5 inch piece of drive that bad, that you're taking an M.2 SSD? You'll have a tougher time with compatibility by going that route.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

If you aren't doing heavy multitasking, an i7 isn't worth it.

Z170 boards are built for overclocking. Since you aren't overclocking (or I'm suggesting you not), you can save the money there.

Further more, you can also save money on getting a cheaper 2133MHz RAM, since that is what Skylake supports at stock speeds. Save money everywhere. ^_^

Do you really need to hide a 2.5 inch piece of drive that bad, that you're taking an M.2 SSD? You'll have a tougher time with compatibility by going that route.

I do plan on overclocking (I dont remember if i mentioned that im doing a custom loop with like 720mm or RAD space. (Plus the board looks amazing) ). I have also found myself doing more and more video editing and 3D rendering, so I could probably use the extra power). Also 500Gb for $155? Not bad in my opinion. I would get a Samsung 950 Pro but thats only half the space for $30 more. Plus when I do multitask I go hard. Especially with school and since I plan to run more than 3 monitors (mainly for those random times when I need a bunch of things open and its more convenient to have them on separate monitors. (They will be cheap 15 or 17" 720p Dell monitors))

24 minutes ago, TubsAlwaysWIns said:

I do plan on overclocking (I dont remember if i mentioned that im doing a custom loop with like 720mm or RAD space. (Plus the board looks amazing) ). I have also found myself doing more and more video editing and 3D rendering, so I could probably use the extra power). Also 500Gb for $155? Not bad in my opinion. I would get a Samsung 950 Pro but thats only half the space for $30 more. Plus when I do multitask I go hard. Especially with school and since I plan to run more than 3 monitors (mainly for those random times when I need a bunch of things open and its more convenient to have them on separate monitors. (They will be cheap 15 or 17" 720p Dell monitors))

You should have told us about this in the first place.

As I said before, overclocking isn't worth it. But if you can't live without it, then go for it.

If you are doing video editing and 3D rendering while multitasking hard, then a HyperThreaded Core i5, aka Core i7 is worth it. Get the i7-6700.

Why a Samsung 950 Pro? Why not an 850 EVO?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz75e500bam

7 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

You should have told us about this in the first place.

As I said before, overclocking isn't worth it. But if you can't live without it, then go for it.

If you are doing video editing and 3D rendering while multitasking hard, then a HyperThreaded Core i5, aka Core i7 is worth it. Get the i7-6700.

Why a Samsung 950 Pro? Why not an 850 EVO?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz75e500bam

I have no idea (about the m.2)