FX 6300 stock cooler

Technozo

Is the FX 6300 stock cooler a good one or should I use something else to cool my CPU?

For running the CPU at stock, it does a fine job. It's a little noisy, but it will work okay. 

If you're looking for an affordable aftermarket cooler though, one that will work better and be quieter, look no further than the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

3 minutes ago, Technozo said:

Is the FX 6300 stock cooler a good one or should I use something else to cool my CPU?

NO! Do yourself a favor and buy the Cooler Master 212 Evo and get Amazing temps. The Amd stock cooler on my 4350 which is probably the same since it is the coldest stock heatsink they have, made my CPU crash a bunch of times before I bought the 212 Evo. http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI

1 minute ago, Technozo said:

This is what made me ask about the stock cooler: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2794392/amd-6300-stock-cooler.html

One of the replies got me thinking about it " The all aluminum FX 6300 stock cooler is terrible for any purpose. This is not an exaggeration. I've worked with several"

Its not an aluminum cooler. It has copper heatpipes and a very bad thermal paste. It is VERY BAD.

I guess I should probably find a solution for it before I actually build my PC.

1 minute ago, Technozo said:

I guess I should probably find a solution for it before I actually build my PC.

Yes. I would strongly recommend the 212 Evo. I was able to over clock my 4350 to 4.5 GHz with it.

I'm not really in to overclocking I just need a cool CPU cooler for good performance that won't crash as you said.

Just now, Technozo said:

I'm not really in to overclocking I just need a cool CPU cooler for good performance that won't crash as you said.

Yes I know. I was just adding that to say that it is a very good cooler. (Yes I did oc it to 4.5 ghz)