Need help to start my youtube channel

Psybronik

Hi guys ,

i am on my way to start my own gaming channel on youtube which will only be for walkthroughs and gameplays.

i have gathered the necessary tools which are as follows.

1) gaming pc with nvidia shadowplay to record my footage

2) Blue snowball ICE mic

3) sony vegas pro 13

4) Audacity for audio.

I want to know if u can record the in-game sound and the voice over with the help of shadowplay.

second thing i want to ask is can i edit my video with sony vegas pro 13 as i have read that shadowplay uses VFR(variable frame rate) to record the footage and that can be of trouble to edit.

how big will the file be if i record for 15min at 60fps with 50mbps bitrate ?

any setting you guys would like to suggest ?

Any other important input which will help me to get a good start will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

i would suggest going with OBS for the recording of everything, its pretty freaking good :D i have used it for streaming and it works flawlessly for that :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Shadowplay is a good backup, but it's code is a four cheese pasta compared to the bowl of spaghetti that is Rainbow 6. It's great for when you did something awesome but weren't recording. Shadow play's audio encoding sucks, especially on the mic side of things, but OBS is a great solution. If you use OBS and you don't have a beefy i7, set your video encoder to the GPU setting so it doesn't kill your CPU trying to encode your video at a decent bit rate.

ASU

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Shadowplay is a good backup, but it's code is a four cheese pasta compared to the bowl of spaghetti that is Rainbow 6. It's great for when you did something awesome but weren't recording. Shadow play's audio encoding sucks, especially on the mic side of things, but OBS is a great solution. If you use OBS and you don't have a beefy i7, set your video encoder to the GPU setting so it doesn't kill your CPU trying to encode your video at a decent bit rate.

i have an i7 6700K with zotac gtx 970 amp extreme core edition GPU.

I was planning to record my audio and gameplay footage with Shadowplay.

and use vegas pro and audacity to edit it.

if i do it with OBS how big the file will be with the above settings?

Sorry for such noobish questions

6 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

With OBS, I find that bit rates of about 10000kbps is pretty good for video quality, but it shits on my i5 if I try to record at that and play games at the same time. You might be fine with the 6700k, but I'm not sure. Having your GPU take care of it is a much better solution and makes a playable experience. As for the file sizes, IDK, maybe 50mb for a really long clip? I haven't payed much attention to the file sizes because storage is not an issue of mine :D 

ASU

23 hours ago, Psybronik said:

I use OBS for my recordings and it works flawless (on an i7 4790K). File sizes can be quite large though, especially on 60fps.

You can also try to use an other workflow if you haven't got much space for storage.

If that is the case then you could try to use Handbrake (Video Compresser) to compress the recorded video and then delete the source video. 

"The Rusher" - Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro WiFi AC CPU: Intel i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Nepton 240m RAM: Gskill TridentX 16gb 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 6GB OC Edition Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb // WD Blue 1tb PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 650w Case: Coolermaster CM 690 III Window + NZXT Blue LED's

48 minutes ago, Rushfriend said:

I use OBS for my recordings and it works flawless (on an i7 4790K). File sizes can be quite large though, especially on 60fps.

You can also try to use an other workflow if you haven't got much space for storage.

If that is the case then you could try to use Handbrake (Video Compresser) to compress the recorded video and then delete the source video. 

i was thinking to go for shadowplay :)

My advice is don't waste your time. YouTube is over-saturated, especially with gaming content. There are literally thousands of walkthrough and gameplay channels.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz