Arma series help

i play bf4 and gta v in the free times i have , i usually get 2 hours free to play games. i never heard arma series but i watched few videos on the youtube and it look sick , a youtuber name fankie does great videos of arma 2 and 3 , it looks ten times better than bf4. 

1. but it look so complicated , i dont know if i start playing now will i ever get the idea of game and learn how to play?

2. also i was thinking of buying arma 2 as it is super cheap for £7 for complete collection , is there still  few peoples online in 2? or should i spend some extra to by arma 3 for £30 and dlc for 3 also cost like another £20.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

EVGA supernova 850w gold+

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

Not much people play 2 anymore

There are many more realisim units in 3 than 2 if you care about it

DLC's dont matter much when there is a shit ton of mods

Unless all you will play is Altis life

Arma is not much of a struggle, coming from a battlefield backround

If you are interested in a arma 3 realism unit pm me :)

we're always looking for new members

Arma 2 and the expansions are worth it for Day Z mod

Arma 2/3 is not complicated tbh you should not struggle

Better than BF4? Depends on what you like BF4 is more fast paced and fun/arcadey

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Get Arma 3, its just a better game and platform and the community and all the mods have moved across completely.

Its a different game, in a 2 hour mission you might get 5 kills but you'll have worked hard as a team to have made that a reality. The best way to learn the game and its mods and such is to join a decent community. If you are in Europe then you can help you find the right sort of community (which might not be mine()). Don't much about American/Candian communities having not played with them but I have done join ops with quite a few of the European ones.

1 hour ago, BrightCandle said:

Get Arma 3, its just a better game and platform and the community and all the mods have moved across completely.

Its a different game, in a 2 hour mission you might get 5 kills but you'll have worked hard as a team to have made that a reality. The best way to learn the game and its mods and such is to join a decent community. If you are in Europe then you can help you find the right sort of community (which might not be mine()). Don't much about American/Candian communities having not played with them but I have done join ops with quite a few of the European ones.

I am in Europe, i live in uk.  can you give me any link to community. i am going buy 3 as many peoples recommend me to go for 3 instead of 2 and 3 does look better game overall.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7 4790k

-GPU- 

Gigabyte 970 g1

-STORAGE- 

250gb ssd

Western Digital 1tb HDD

-RAM- 

(2x4gb) 

-PSU- 

EVGA supernova 850w gold+

-MOBO- 

ASUS z97-a

-CASE-

Some ATX Sized No-Brand

-PERIPHERALS-

Some Mouse and Keyboard.

Siding with the majority here, get Arma 3; if at the moment you can't afford it wait for the summer sale to come. I think the game will come as a bit of a shock to you in terms of coming from BF4, but they shouldn't be compared.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.