Programs to see the usage of the GPU?

Echodamus

So I just got a new laptop with a 650M and I was wondering if there are any programs that tells how much of the GPU is being utilized (like the MSI Kombuster/Afterburner software) just for the shits and giggles of it all. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

maybe you can try GPU Tweak.

it tells me fan speeds temps and usage 

but idk about laptops...

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I got a little windows 7 Gadget that shows usage, memory usage, fan speed, temperature, etc. Not sure how accurate it is, but it works :)

Just look up GPU meter gadget and you're good.

Looks like this:

AfWKQVB.png

I got a little windows 7 Gadget that shows usage, memory usage, fan speed, temperature, etc. Not sure how accurate it is, but it works :)

It's actually quite accurate. It always shows the same readings as EVGA Precision and GPU-Z, so I rely on it 95% of the time. :D

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

It's actually quite accurate. It always shows the same readings as EVGA Precision and GPU-Z, so I rely on it 95% of the time. :D

There's only a couple of bugs with it, like the fact that it doesn't show my GPU clock speed or shader clock.

There's only a couple of bugs with it, like the fact that it doesn't show my GPU clock speed or shader clock.

If you set it to run off of PC Meter instead of CoreTemp, it'll show your clocks correctly :)

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

If you set it to run off of PC Meter instead of CoreTemp, it'll show your clocks correctly :)

It never prompted me to run with any kind of other software, only CPU meter does that for me.

It never prompted me to run with any kind of other software, only CPU meter does that for me.

It doesn't prompt for it, but you can change to PC Meter in the options. It's a newer feature that they don't force on anyone. I believe PC Meter is still in beta.