I Need Some Opinions on Far Cry 3

EChondo

I've been interested in Far Cry 3 since its release and I was just wondering, how does it perform and is it worth the cost of ~$10 between the standard and deluxe editions? The deluxe edition includes;

• The Monkey Business Pack: Meet Hurk and his explosive bomb-carrying monkey in four heart-pounding missions and get two bonus ways to humiliate your friends in multiplayer.
  • The Lost Expeditions: Discover the secrets of the island’s lost World War II ruins in two suspenseful action missions, and unlock the power of a shotgun in a one-handed flare gun in multiplayer.
  • The Warrior Pack: Strike fear in your enemies with an exclusive dagger and get an early unlock of the tattoo editor in multiplayer.
  • The Predator Pack: Hunt four ferocious animals with the M-700 Predator Rifle in single-player and silently kill opponents with the unlocked Predator Bow in multiplayer.
  • The Survival Guide artbook (pdf file): Discover unique artwork and insider information to help you survive the insanity of the island.
  • The game soundtrack

If it's not worth it then I'l pick it up now or wait for a sale in the summer. Any and all opinions are welcomed, I am a big Far Cry fan and I have heard so many things about this game, so I am just wondering on this specific issue.

Well worth the pick up. The story is not to deep, but will have you hooked. The characters thought are a unique experience that i haven't seen in a while. Mulitplayer is decent i suppose. You will lose some hours in it, but probably won't have you coming back long. It's map editor is good, which you can build your map and perfect it for hours. "The Lost Expeditions" mission i have not played because i have the standard edition. "The Monkey Business Pack" missions look fun on YouTube. I can't seem to recommend the deluxe edition, not because it's bad, but because i have not played the extra content it comes with. As a game thought, it's a definite pick up.

I would tell you to get the game, but save you money and get the standard edition, i dont know how much more it is, but, for what it comes with i dont think its worth it. The game is great as OriginalGamer said, and im on my second playthrough now. As for how well it runs, i have a 7950 and i run it on ultra @ 1920x1080 with 4xAA and get decent fps, i dont notice it bogging down ever, but i have not really tested it, linus did some vids on FC 3 and how well it preforms on a bunch of different cards :)

I would tell you to get the game' date=' but save you money and get the standard edition, i dont know how much more it is, but, for what it comes with i dont think its worth it. The game is great as OriginalGamer said, and im on my second playthrough now. As for how well it runs, i have a 7950 and i run it on ultra @ 1920x1080 with 4xAA and get decent fps, i dont notice it bogging down ever, but i have not really tested it, linus did some vids on FC 3 and how well it preforms on a bunch of different cards :)[/quote']

Thank you both, the difference between standard and deluxe is $10.

What I meant about performance is that, is it a smooth experience for you? I've been hearing a lot about microstuttering and loss of frames, but I think this was fixed in 13.2 for AMD cards.

I mean Ubisoft kinda screwed everyone over when they made it for console first then ported it over in a crappy fashion...

Don't get me wrong I still think FC3 is my game of the year and I've logged SO many hours into it.

I think as long as you have v-sync on (double buffer?) and use x4AA rather than x8 it'll work out.

I personally have a 3570k and an xfx7970 both not overclocked (which I really should T_T)

Just got this game and love it...I would definitely get those add-on packs.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Well I bit the bullet a couple days ago and bought FC3. I am having issues with Crossfire causing microstuttering, but single GPU is just fine. On the bright side I'm 14-15 hours in! Great game, very pleased with it so far and I think I'm half way through the story. I bought the standard edition and I haven't been disappointed.

Hmm...my FC3 has screen tearing issues when they show cut scenes, do you have this issue?

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

if its only $10 more i would just gett it

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Well I bit the bullet a couple days ago and bought FC3. I am having issues with Crossfire causing microstuttering' date=' but single GPU is just fine. On the bright side I'm 14-15 hours in! Great game, very pleased with it so far and I think I'm half way through the story. I bought the standard edition and I haven't been disappointed.[/quote']

I read somewhere crossfire works the best in directx9 mode. I had the same issue in directx11, switched to 9 and no problems now. This game is very graphically demanding that's for sure!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad