Debate: AMD GPU or NVIDIA? And why?

keavlar

Guys, a lot of people saying the AMD is become better then nvidia , the gtx 980 ti do not support DX12.  

So drop your opinion and explain why. Also , what can you say to people that recording video games, what would you suggest them to buy? I mean, nvidia have shadow play, what you think, should they look for AMD and get something like fraps? Or Nvidia with shadow play. 

Cheers !!!

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

Just now, N_Bot said:

AMD due to some harassing and bullying Nvidia uses.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Shadowplay is over-rated AF imo. And nobody uses Fraps these days fam, OBS all the way.

I'm going for AMD's Polaris when it's out.

Because Nvidia Shitworks is awful, and doesn't benefit the end user due to it being closed source. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

FYI the 980 Ti does in fact support DX12. Nvidia has the better consumer grade cards. Also AMD struggles with thermals so if you live somewhere hot AMD isn't the best choice.

2 minutes ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

FYI the 980 Ti does in fact support DX12. Nvidia has the better consumer grade cards. Also AMD struggles with thermals so if you live somewhere hot AMD isn't the best choice.

I like your answer. But about the rest, can any one be serious ?!  

Trust me, a lot of people struggle between this 2, i heard too , that amd better, but as i see every where , there are more nvidia users , then amd

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Nvidia is kinda the shitty greedy company that makes better products but AMD is the nice company that actually cares but makes worse products (But still good just not as good).

4 minutes ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

Also AMD struggles with thermals so if you live somewhere hot AMD isn't the best choice.

That may have been the case with the 290(x), but on the 390 with a decent cooler, its runs about the same temp as a 970.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

14 minutes ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

Nvidia has the better consumer grade cards. Also AMD struggles with thermals so if you live somewhere hot AMD isn't the best choice.

10 minutes ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

Nvidia is kinda the shitty greedy company that makes better products but AMD is the nice company that actually cares but makes worse products (But still good just not as good).

No, they do not. Look at the GTX 960 against the R9 380/X. Look at the GTX 970 vs R9 390. Look at the R9 Nano vs GTX 980. The only points where AMD 'loses' is in the GTX 950 vs R7 370 and R9 Fury X vs GTX 980Ti categories. AMD dominates the mid to high category. NVIDIA rules the low and enthusiast ends.

Provided if you have a good cooler for your AMD card (Sapphire, XFX, Powercolor, MSI), temps will rival those of a NVIDIA card.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Not, they do not. Look at the GTX 960 against the R9 380. Look at the GTX 970 vs R9 390. Look at the R9 Nano vs GTX 980. The only points where AMD 'loses' is in the GTX 950 vs R7 370 and R9 Fury X vs GTX 980Ti categories. AMD dominates the mid to high category. NVIDIA rules the low and enthusiast ends.

Provided if you have a good cooler for your AMD card (Sapphire, XFX, Powercolor, MSI), temps will rival those of a NVIDIA card.

The gtx 970 and 390 trade blows so its more or less a tie

6 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Not, they do not. Look at the GTX 960 against the R9 380. Look at the GTX 970 vs R9 390. Look at the R9 Nano vs GTX 980. The only points where AMD 'loses' is in the GTX 950 vs R7 370 and R9 Fury X vs GTX 980Ti categories. AMD dominates the mid to high category. NVIDIA rules the low and enthusiast ends.

Then why you use Nvidia gtx 980 ti , from your quote, i think you red team, but you use green?!

1 minute ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

The gtx 970 and 390 trade blows so its more or less a tie

Exactly. So that entirely rules out the notion of 'NVIDIA having better consumer cards' and 'AMD is the nice company that actually cares but makes worse products (But still good just not as good)'.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Then why you use Nvidia gtx 980 ti , from your quote, i think you red team, but you use green?!

Please read.

The only points where AMD 'loses' is in the GTX 950 vs R7 370 and R9 Fury X vs GTX 980Ti categories.

I simply bought the GTX 980Ti because it was the better performing card. I don't have any allegiance or bias towards either company - if the Fury X performed better, then I would have that in my rig today.

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Idefinitelyknowstuff--- said:

Polaris is supposed to be about 100Watt. Lower TDP than the 980Ti, and if you believe this part, it also says its gona be about 1.5x more powerful then 980Ti (which i think runs at 250Watt, correct me if im wrong)

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

Please read.

I simply bought the GTX 980Ti because it was a better performing card. I don't have any allegiance or bias towards either company.

It WAS?  Or it is still ?  for example , let me explain you this, i have amd hd7970, old card , ye , it perform , like gtx 960, maybe a little better, but, it crashes, the drivers .. dont even know what to say. And the recording program, and that game boosting, crashes my entire pc. 

So , i want to know my self, what GPU to buy?