What's the best laptop cooler?

Congy

Does anyone know of a really good laptop cooler? My laptop currently heats up too much for gaming.

I don't really think that you can get a new cooler for your laptop, however a good trick to do, is to take 4 bottle caps and place them in the four corners of your laptop. That should help it get more air

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Make something like this but without the box, If that doesn't works nothing will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSllkFWVhJI

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

What i dont get is why do you want to force the hot air back into the laptop.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't really think that you can get a new cooler for your laptop, however a good trick to do, is to take 4 bottle caps and place them in the four corners of your laptop. That should help it get more air

lol my laptop is naturally raised so there's a gap between the surface and the bottom of the laptop. I just need it to be cold cold cold!! and don't tell me to put it in the fridge hehe

It doesn't, it draws cooler air directly onto the bottom of the laptop. Kinda like a CPU fan blowing directly into the heat sink.

Most laptops have intakes underneath. The Coolermaster Notepal U3 has reversible fans although they are not very powerful.

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

I tried a Notepal U2 and a Cooler Master SF-19 (on an Alienware m14x r2)

my ultimate conclusion was that most (quality) coolers are about the same. the U2 and the SF-19 are vastly different coolers: the U2 is very modest and barebones, while the SF-19 was "extreme" per say

I could only get better temperatures with the SF-19 with a fan speed that was loud

there's a very diminishing return on laptop coolers imo, so pick whatever you like the best honestly (I liked how the SF-19 had a USB hub built in)

now there are newer models out there, but I'm not on a laptop anymore so....idk, but I expect the same findings/conclusions I got above

if a cooler isn't enough, I would look into re-pasting your cpu/gpu (most OEMs use cheap thermal paste)

This one from NZXT the CRYO LX as it has 3 standard 120mm fans in it. 

This one from NZXT the CRYO LX as it has 3 standard 120mm fans in it. 

It's not available yet :(

It's not available yet :(

Its discontinued I have had one for years, now it just sits in my basement as i had abandoned getting a gaming laptop as for me their a horrible fit.

how old is your laptop as the heatsink can get full of dust. This happened to my friend's laptop he was getting very bad temps so we pulled his laptop apart took the heatsink off cleaned it for dust and redid the thermal compound. this helped with temps alot. so if your game to open your laptop up you should try it.

The Cake is a Lie...

Its discontinued I have had one for years, now it just sits in my basement as i had abandoned getting a gaming laptop as for me their a horrible fit.

@Congy Once I have time ill probably sell it and if the classifieds section is working by then on here I would do it here. I may even offer to mod it to whichever fans the buyer prefers for free pertaining they pay for the new fans of course.

how old is your laptop as the heatsink can get full of dust. This happened to my friend's laptop he was getting very bad temps so we pulled his laptop apart took the heatsink off cleaned it for dust and redid the thermal compound. this helped with temps alot. so if your game to open your laptop up you should try it.

I agree with this or if you dont want to crack it open get some canned air and go at it just make sure to hold the fans when spraying.

My laptop's about 3 years old but there's no dust there because I've opened it several times. Once the graphics card got busted and had to get that repaired because it was burnt! lol

My laptop's about 3 years old but there's no dust there because I've opened it several times. Once the graphics card got busted and had to get that repaired because it was burnt! lol

But have you ever redid the thermal compound as I find some laptops don't have very decent thermal compound and usually have way too much of it.

The Cake is a Lie...

But have you ever redid the thermal compound as I find some laptops don't have very decent thermal compound and usually have way too much of it.

those cpus are a bit different since usually they dont have a IHS on them.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old forum, but I thought for anyone looking into laptop cooling I could help out in some way.

I personally have used many laptop cooling methods, including a lot of DIY stands and many different brand name cooling pads.

The pad I currently use is the only one where I noticed a considerable difference in temps.

CM Storm SF-19 Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad with Two 140mm Turbine Fans (SGA-4000-KKNF1)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004G603E2/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1434381241&sr=1&keywords=cf-19

I have also replaced the two fans (as their vibrations were very noticeable and annoying with Cougar fans.

http://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Vortex-Cooling-CF-V14H-Orange/dp/B008N3A1VO/ref=pd_sim_147_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1DZKF97AHHNCFQBCGN4Q

I am extremely happy with my setup, and it stays completely silent even when on full blast (which it always is)

Hope this information was use to SOMEBODY, as I couldn't find many resources on Laptop cooling pad setups when I was trying different methods & products.