Plastidip / Plastikote a GPU back...

silver_tounge
Go to solution Solved by AddonCustoms,
1 hour ago, silver_tounge said:

im meaning the back of the GPU, as in the bit that you can see wen you are looking into a standard system... I dont have a backplate and my card doesnt have one that is made for it. so painting the back of the card is my only option. 

Which make and model is your GPU?  We will be releasing custom backplates for all GPU's soon, there will be a selection to choose from or we can work together to make a design you like.

Let us know if you have any questions. :)

Facebook: Facebook.com/AddonCustomsLTD

hey guys

I am wanting to know if it is save to plastikote or plastidip the back of my gpu and my wireless card as they do not really fit the colur scheme.

i cant see it being an issue but im just wanting to know if other people have done this and how did it turn out?

thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Do you mean backplate? If so, you can plastidip the side that isn't facing the GPU. 

im meaning the back of the GPU, as in the bit that you can see wen you are looking into a standard system... I dont have a backplate and my card doesnt have one that is made for it. so painting the back of the card is my only option. 

Do not paint the PCB!!

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

19 minutes ago, silver_tounge said:

If you use nonconductive paint such as plasti dip painting a bare pcb should work but is still risky, there are guides to make custom backplates for gpus and sound cards.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Theoritically you can but only with plasti-dip but I personally do not recommend it. It has been done before by others if you want to take a look, check under GPU Painting, but ideally it's best to just make a backplate for the card itself. 

Which make and model is your GPU?  We will be releasing custom backplates for all GPU's soon, there will be a selection to choose from or we can work together to make a design you like.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

3 hours ago, AddonCustoms said:

i have a gigabyte 960 2GB edition with the 2 blower fan cooler. i would be very very interested in getting a custom backplate, that would be awesome!

For the GTX960 ekwb do sell a water block cooler for that card but not a VGA fullcover, a custom backplate would rally set that off well!

@AddonCustoms are your custom backplates metal or are you 3D printing them?

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

1 minute ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

For the GTX960 ekwb do sell a water block cooler for that card but not a VGA fullcover, a custom backplate would rally set that off well!

@AddonCustoms are your custom backplates metal or are you 3D printing them?

Laser cut from acrylic.

15 hours ago, silver_tounge said:

i have a gigabyte 960 2GB edition with the 2 blower fan cooler. i would be very very interested in getting a custom backplate, that would be awesome!

Keep an eye on our Facebook page and website, they will be available soon.  I will message you in a bit to discuss this more, just have to finish a few things first.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

2 hours ago, AddonCustoms said:

Keep an eye on our Facebook page and website, they will be available soon.  I will message you in a bit to discuss this more, just have to finish a few things first.

I have liked your facebook page and will be waiting to hear form you soon :P