does any power supply will support SLI or crossfire as along as it has enough room?

Go to solution Solved by HKZeroFive,

Avoid the NEX/G1 series. The GS model is the far superior choice.

As @Aytex said, avoid SLI. It's gonna potentially bring you more problems than you want such as improper utilisation in certain games and microstuttering.

so i thought about getting a 650w evga (G1 model with gold certified) to handle my core i5 4460 and my asus strix gtx 960 which i will make it 2 way sli in the future.(I will not overclocking my gpu). I look at my spec sheet of the power supply and it didn't mention any sli/crossfire ready. So i check around further, i found another model which name evga GS 650w gold power supply which in the spec say it has sli/crossfire ready. Should I get the GS model or G1 model or any power supply will support sli/crossfire as long as it is has enough watt to power all the component?

I wouldn't recommend getting SLI...

But if you have your heat set on it, the 650w is more than enough, each 960 pulls less than 150w on load and the 4460 tdp is around 84w so your good

As @Aytex said, avoid SLI. It's gonna potentially bring you more problems than you want such as improper utilisation in certain games and microstuttering.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

31 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

To add, you should only consider SLI (or Crossfire) when you are already at the top price to performance GPU (As of today, a 980 Ti). Unless you get some kind of crazy deal for a 2nd GPU or something like that.

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

38 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I wouldn't recommend getting SLI...

But if you have your heat set on it, the 650w is more than enough, each 960 pulls less than 150w on load and the 4460 tdp is around 84w so your good

35 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

1 minute ago, IanDrexP said:

To add, you should only consider SLI (or Crossfire) when you are already at the top price to performance GPU (As of today, a 980 Ti). Unless you get some kind of crazy deal for a 2nd GPU or something like that.

okay I am happy to hear you guys opinion. thank you.