identifying electrical components

hello, i need to write a paper about an electrical device with a pcb in it and i need to identify all electrical components, but i'm having trouble to identify some.

Does anyone know what 1, 2 and 3 are? It's a pcb from a bluetooth speaker with dock/radio, the Sony RDP-XF100IP.

3 isn't really a component it just looks like some copper with circles etched away or so, but i have never seen this and i don't know what it exactly is.

pcb.jpg

Not an electronics 'person' by any means but are you perhaps over thinking this and

1 is just a cap

2 is just an IC

3 (not realy sure what you mean). If its the copper coloured area with silver (solder) dots then I have no idea what it's called.

No clues on the board (values might tell you what the component is)?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

9 minutes ago, soup said:

Not an electronics 'person' by any means but are you perhaps over thinking this and

1 is just a cap

2 is just an IC

3 (not realy sure what you mean). If its the copper coloured area with silver (solder) dots then I have no idea what it's called.

the number on 1 is just '150' so that doesn't really say anything, and i've seen dozens op capacitors but never one like that, so that's why i'm not sure.

3 does indeed look like a copper area, but with small indentations instead of dots which i've also never seen.

edit: values on the board with 1 is 'L601' through 'L604'

edit 2: 2 are mosfets

1 minute ago, neocronix2 said:

the number on 1 is just '150' so that doesn't really say anything,

...and on the board?

"This too shall pass"

4 minutes ago, soup said:

...and on the board?

i've put it in the edit on my previous post

Just the copper/indented area to identify now. :)

"This too shall pass"

Actually...

1. SMD ferrite inductor. Kinda like this

http://my.element14.com/coilcraft/mss1210-104ked/inductor-pwr-100uh-3-4a-10-3-6mhz/dp/2288307

2. Some IC. No idea until i know the part number. Although it might be a driver or some sort. MOSFETs? or SMPS controller?

3. Looks like PCB vias. Either for heat transfer or current transfer for number 2.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

2 minutes ago, soup said:

Just the copper/indented area to identify now

this is what the other side looks like, i've measured resistance with a multimeter and on the backside the area's are conductive and on the front side only the indentations are conductive, the copperish are around the indentations are non conductive.

20160413_194420.jpg

10 minutes ago, Huntsman said:

Actually...

1. SMD ferrite inductor. Kinda like this

http://my.element14.com/coilcraft/mss1210-104ked/inductor-pwr-100uh-3-4a-10-3-6mhz/dp/2288307

2. Some IC. No idea until i know the part number. Although it might be a driver or some sort. MOSFETs? or SMPS controller?

3. Looks like PCB vias. Either for heat transfer or current transfer for number 2.

Thanks for number 1. This is the datasheet i found for 2 (datasheet).

Edit: your link times out every time?

Looks like some sort of heat spreader

"This too shall pass"

6 minutes ago, neocronix2 said:

Thanks for number 1. This is the datasheet i found for 2 (datasheet).

Edit: your link times out every time?

Probably have to do with the link is for Malaysia website, there are UK and US site for element14.

I am correct for number 2 then. MOSFETs, specifically MOSFET array. If it is a complimentary pair, I would say that that's the output driver transistor for the speakers. The amplifier in there is a digital amplifier, class D and above.

If I am correct for number 2, then 3 should be PCB heatsinks for the MOSFET. Which probably doubles as PCB trace for the speaker outputs.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

Why not instead search for a pcb with it's layout/schem already published?

It would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to map out the traces on a multi-planar pcb, and trying to find out what each component is and does.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Why not instead search for a pcb with it's layout/schem already published?

It would be a hell of a lot easier than trying to map out the traces on a multi-planar pcb, and trying to find out what each component is and does.

Well i don't need to explain every component individually but i need to be able to say "these components make up the radio tuner", show them on a picture and then give a small explanation. So it's pretty specific to this board i think.

1 is an inductor likely used reduce any kind high frequency of ripple in the main power supply for the amplifying chips, 2 along with the other 3 that look just like it are likely mosfet's that are used as the main amplifier for the speakers, and 3 is just a section of the pcb filled with solder to act as a heasink for the mosfet's

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You have probably submitted by now anyway but thinking back to school (30 mumble mumble years ago) I seem to remember inductance was expresseed as "L" (measured in Henrys, much hilarity over that) so a component named as Lxxx SUGGESTS inductance .  So 1 (L150) PROBABLY an inductor, as @Huntsman says.

"This too shall pass"

Number 1 is also known as a surface mount coil choke.

Number 3 may be some kind of cheap way to do a shunt built into the PCB, rather than using a component. That is unique...

On 4/13/2016 at 7:27 PM, soup said:

1 is just a cap

2 is just an IC

No 1 is wrong

1 is a coil ( inductor )

2 some chip ( ic ) or a mosfet array like in ESC's

3 either a path for extra current or idk ( maybe a cooling "pad" for the mosfets ? or something to measure current ?) 

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

11 hours ago, Mihemine said:

No 1 is wrong

See various follow-up posts.

"This too shall pass"