What Games For My New PC?

Steve N. Mavronis

So I have this new PC that I build a month ago (https://pcpartpicker.com/b/96JV3C) with an i7-6700K OC @ 4.5 GHz, 16GB RAM and EVGA 980 Ti Classified. But I'm still just playing Quake Live, the same game that I played with my old PC. Not knocking it because it's pretty good and fast paced action. But it's not state of the art graphics and pretty much like the old Quake when I used to be in an old-school Quakeworld team.

The only new game I have on my list is the new Doom coming out May 13. What other good graphical games are out or coming out this year? I don't really like RPG games like Diablo or World of Warcraft because they are just level up and repeat over and over. Is Battlefield 4 still going strong? I seem to like first person shooters and space/flight simulations. Anything with a 3D graphical feel. 

Also, I used to really like the old Earth and Beyond MMO game by EA but right when I started they took the servers down and discontinued it. I'm not sure if there is a similar modern version that isn't subscription based like Eve. I'll buy games but don't want to pay to play every month on top of that. I used to also like the Need For Speed racing games, had a steering wheel/pedals, but every year you have to buy the newest NFS version because EA discontinues it. Seems like a theme with EA which annoys me.

What to do?

BF4 is at least in europe well and alive and still a lot of fun to play.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

GTA 5 isn't new but it's still very good and will be for the next 4 years! you can add me if you want (prokeero100). Universe sandbox is a cool simulation game i play alot that only cost's like 25 dollars.

Hope this helps :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

You could try No man's sky, it's coming in June. Also Elite: dangerous is quite good. GTA V is always a good guess, and hey, you could try planetside 2, it's free, and even if the game's 3 years old now it's not bad looking.

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

I tried the new Unreal Tournament. I'm a big Unreal fan since the beginning. But the new UT is still beta under development. It's cool they let you test it out with live gameplay while they and the modding community adds new stuff. But I'll wait for the final finished product.

A game I discovered not to long ago is a game called Subnautica, which is a really enjoyable games about a crash landing on an alien sea planet. So its a survival game in an alien ocean, however like all survival game its still in early access, which I did say I would never buy early access games ever again because of, all the survival early access game never make it out of early access. But I'd recommend you try it, its a fun game, interesting but can aslo be extremely terrifying, depending on how you feel about the dark, deep pits of the ocean filled with unknown alien species.. However it won't really push your system much. Other games I do enjoy is CS:GO, which is however considered by many to be a boring game, and it won't push your system, but if you like FPS games that are pretty straight forward its a good one. With your current system though the sky is the limit and you can drive every game out there easily.

Games like XCOM are also really enjoyable to me atleast, XCOM 2 came out this year actually. 

Dark Souls 3 came out yesterday.

Doom open beta goes out tomorrow and last until the 17th of april.

I know many people hate TotalBiscuit, but if you don't I'd recommend you watch his 'top 10 games' and 'WTF is' series

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit.