New speakers suggestion and layout

Snortan

I've changed my desk around and now it looks like this 
IMG_20160413_103907.jpg
I still have my old Logitech X530 which have been great over the years, especially the remote for when I had to turn off speakers to use headphones and thanks to STX II I can do that just by changing to headphone mode so haven't used the remote in months. 

With a new setup I'm looking to change them as well.

What would you get and where would you place them?
Budget up to £200-250 if it's really worth it, no preference to 2.0 or 2.1, however I think 5.1/7.1 would be a waste in such a small space.

I'm really no speaker fan but i will say you have my mouse! everyone makes fun of us G502 users xD.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

1 minute ago, Snortan said:

SNIP

PreSonus Eris E5 + a wall mount

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

46 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

I'm really no speaker fan but i will say you have my mouse! everyone makes fun of us G502 users xD.

Hi there fellow G502 user!

Just now, seduce_me said:

Hi there fellow G502 user!

Hey :D

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

37 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

During daytime I gotta have my speakers :P especially now that summer is coming.

Really? I was under the impression G502 is one of the best mouses atm but anyway they don't know how good it is probably :D.

37 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

PreSonus Eris E5 + a wall mount

Thanks, checking these out right now.

Wall mounting would be perfect for my setup, 3 questions about wall mounts though:

1. The walls in my room are not particularly thick so I'm worried about vibrations/sound leaking in the other room even at low volumes. Am I wrong in thinking that?
  2. What would the ideal position be? Like how high/low on the wall and should I point the slightly down towards me?
  3. Are they decent for movies?

8 minutes ago, Snortan said:

During daytime I gotta have my speakers :P especially now that summer is coming.

Really? I was under the impression G502 is one of the best mouses atm but anyway they don't know how good it is probably :D.

Thanks, checking these out right now.

Wall mounting would be perfect for my setup, 3 questions about wall mounts though:

1. The walls in my room are not particularly thick so I'm worried about vibrations/sound leaking in the other room even at low volumes. Am I wrong in thinking that?
  2. What would the ideal position be? Like how high/low on the wall and should I point the slightly down towards me?
  3. Are they decent for movies?

They you and the speakers should have the about the same length between them and you.  I dont think they will leak sound/vibrations into the other room. (not sure)
They are good for the price, I haven't tried them in real life yet so I can only say what I have read.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

43 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

They you and the speakers should have the about the same length between them and you. 

I'm not quite sure I understand this part. What do you mean?

8 minutes ago, Snortan said:

I'm not quite sure I understand this part. What do you mean?

Okay.
You set the speakers up so the length between the two speakers is the same as the length between you and the speakers.
Let's say there is 1m between the speakers then there needs to be 1m from you to the left speaker and 1m from you and the right speaker that way you have a really good sweet spot.

This is the way I was taught to set up studio monitors for pc use.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Okay.
You set the speakers up so the length between the two speakers is the same as the length between you and the speakers.
Let's say there is 1m between the speakers then there needs to be 1m from you to the left speaker and 1m from you and the right speaker that way you have a really good sweet spot.

This is the way I was taught to set up studio monitors for pc use.

Got it now, thanks!

How high should I position the speakers on the wall? Ideally should the speakers and my head be at the same level or does it not matter?

Just now, Snortan said:

Got it now, thanks!

How high should I position the speakers on the wall? Ideally should the speakers and my head be at the same level or does it not matter?

They should point at you and not be blocked by anything. I would say if you can place them on the same lvl as your head it should be fine.

13 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

They should point at you and not be blocked by anything. I would say if you can place them on the same lvl as your head it should be fine.

Cool. I'll probably have to put them a bit higher than my head due to my case being so tall.

Thank you for the help!

Forgot to ask how do I go about connecting them? I'll pair them with my Xonar STX II which has 2 Stereo RCA outputs.

Do I get 2 phono RCA cables and connect to the RCA unbalanced output on the speaker?

11 minutes ago, Snortan said:

Forgot to ask how do I go about connecting them? I'll pair them with my Xonar STX II which has 2 Stereo RCA outputs.

Do I get 2 phono RCA cables and connect to the RCA unbalanced output on the speaker?

Oh yeah just use the rca cables and then put  this on the ends and it should work

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

you will need  this and this

Or what he said, as he has rca outputs on his gpu.  And the speakers have rca inputs.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just now, spwath said:

Or what he said, as he has rca outputs on his gpu.  And the speakers have rca inputs.

Do they and I have fixed it ;) 

Yep just use RCA did not see that they had RCA on the back