CPU OR GPU WHAT SHOULD I UPGRADE FIRST

1 minute ago, lane0boy said:

psu is 750 watts semi modular (dont feel like looking in there for the model

Quoted wrong person

I'd say go with a 4460 or even an i3,Fx processors just cant handle gaming like they used to.

An i5 or even an i3 will perform better than pretty much any fx cpu in most tasks. For example an fx6300 was bottlenecking my    gtx 960. Not in most games but in enough i noticed. While a friend im in ts with most nights just got an i3 and a 970 and has yet to find anything it struggles with. Including the games the fx was slowing down in.

5 minutes ago, lane0boy said:

That should be enough for you build as long as you have a good one.

6 minutes ago, lane0boy said:

Then its probably at least somewhat ok.

With a fx 6300 and a 7850 your system would draw 300w or so, but there are some stupid 20$ psus with a 750w sticker that literally catch flames if you try to use anywhere near that. Modularity costs a bit so it should not be totally bad.

15 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

Then its probably at least somewhat ok.

With a fx 6300 and a 7850 your system would draw 300w or so, but there are some stupid 20$ psus with a 750w sticker that literally catch flames if you try to use anywhere near that. Modularity costs a bit so it should not be totally bad.

@Rolling PotatoeHow bad a 80+ bronze PSU compare to a 80+ golden one  

The make and model of the power supply are much more important than the rating. Do you remember who made it?

6 hours ago, zehao39 said:

@Rolling PotatoeHow bad a 80+ bronze PSU compare to a 80+ golden one  

That rating only affects how much of the power drawn from the wall is delivered to your pc and how much is wasted as heat during conversion, a gold one only wastes about 2/3s as much. Since you need good components to have a gold rated psu those tend to be at least quite good, but of course that depends on the model. If you want to find out how good your psu is youd have to bother reading the label.

The majority of bronze rated psus are good and will provide what they are rated for.

With the rating craze in the last couple of years and some people only recommending the finest psus available

I really have to give it to the marketing guys. They truly did make pc enthusiasts care about their psus (instead of going for lots of LEDs).

Its weird that psus can be sold without proper verification though, some big retailers have cheap psus in stock that are simply fire hazards and lie to the costumer about what they can supply. Those companies count on confused consumers just buying the highest numbers that are still cheap because they dont know how littler wattage their office pcs really need.

At the cheapest a proper psu costs about 8$/100w rating online besides the occasional discount deal.