Supernova GS vs. GQ

Biggerboot

Another PSU question today.

So I'm aware that the EVGA Supernova GS is made by Seasonic, and the GQ is made by FSP, and both are roughly the same quality.  If given the choice between the two, which would you take.

I'm currently looking at getting a 650w GQ for ~$63 after MIR and tax.  Or a 'like new' 550w GS for $70.

Personally, I far prefer the cabling of the GQ.

What would be more practical? I'd still go for the GQ. Probably the biggest reason so is that its low load efficiency is some of the best in any power supply.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

49 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Another PSU question today.

So I'm aware that the EVGA Supernova GS is made by Seasonic, and the GQ is made by FSP, and both are roughly the same quality.  If given the choice between the two, which would you take.

I'm currently looking at getting a 650w GQ for ~$63 after MIR and tax.  Or a 'like new' 550w GS for $70.

I'd get whichever is cheaper. I personally use the 550W GS and bought it for 85 USD new. Definitely worth it, but I should have bought the Seasonic G-series which is cheaper and about the same.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||