Details on NUC's

gastew15
Go to solution Solved by Tyranade,

Are they full running computer with storage, and OS and everything all ready, or do you need to add those?

With NUCs you need to add RAM. WiFi if you need it and Storage like an M-SATA SSD. The sound I believe only comes out through HDMI I haven't seen any with an 3.5mm Audio Input and Output on them so you would need a monitor with speakers that also has an Audio Output if you wanted to use headphones with it. Also they do not come with a Mickey Mouse Power Cable but they do come with the Power Brick so you need to buy that as well.

But according to http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Intel-NUC-Haswell-SATA,22989.html the Haswell NUCs will have 3.5MM Audio Jacks.

Check this out 

He shows you how to set up your NUC and tells you what you need to add.

Also you will need to add your own Operating System.

I'm not really sure if this would be the right section to post this in, but I guess it makes sense? Ohh well, anyways does anyone know much about the NUC's, and if they're actually pretty good for web browsing, and non-high usage programs? I actually do travel quite a bit between states, and this laptop just sucks at this point, and well.. Ive been bringing along the ATX beast, but that's a bit much to do all the time. Any help on trying to get me set up for around $450-$550 at most. I don't need a monitor or any peripherals of any kind. ( Not that I really know much about what these things need, or really anything about them for that matter.. (Perhaps Voodoo magic?)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I believe you can get NUCs with i7s so yes, that could do web browsing

Are they full running computer with storage, and OS and everything all ready, or do you need to add those?

Edit: Looked some up, and they say barebones

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

With NUCs you need to add RAM. WiFi if you need it and Storage like an M-SATA SSD. The sound I believe only comes out through HDMI I haven't seen any with an 3.5mm Audio Input and Output on them so you would need a monitor with speakers that also has an Audio Output if you wanted to use headphones with it. Also they do not come with a Mickey Mouse Power Cable but they do come with the Power Brick so you need to buy that as well.

But according to http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Intel-NUC-Haswell-SATA,22989.html the Haswell NUCs will have 3.5MM Audio Jacks.

Check this out 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D | Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 2023 Edition | Motherboard: Asus X670-P Wi-Fi |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MT/s

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7800XT | PSU: NZXT C1000 | Storage: Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB | Case: NZXT H7 Flow

CPU-Z Validation

Check this out 

Thanks! *I would unlink the video, or use the media tags so it actually embeds the video aswell

Thanks! *I would unlink the video, or use the media tags so it actually embeds the video aswell

The video is Embedded on my screen o.0.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D | Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 2023 Edition | Motherboard: Asus X670-P Wi-Fi |  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MT/s

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7800XT | PSU: NZXT C1000 | Storage: Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB | Case: NZXT H7 Flow

CPU-Z Validation

The video is Embedded on my screen o.0.

It's something that's been going on in the forum.. I actually saw a topic on it a little bit ago.. ( Not really sure why.. )

It's something that's been going on in the forum.. I actually saw a topic on it a little bit ago.. ( Not really sure why.. )

Ah okay :P.

But yeah I personally though would wait for the Haswell NUCs if I had to buy one simply because it includes HD5000 Graphics (Desktop Haswell Chips only have 4600) and the 3.5mm Audio Jack.

But yeah you could put 16GB of RAM in there, an 128GB MSATA SSD and Wireless N if you wanted and have a nice little system.

CPU-Z Validation

Ah okay :P.

But yeah I personally though would wait for the Haswell NUCs if I had to buy one simply because it includes HD5000 Graphics (Desktop Haswell Chips only have 4600) and the 3.5mm Audio Jack.

But yeah you could put 16GB of RAM in there, an 128GB MSATA SSD and Wireless N if you wanted and have a nice little system.

Alright, that does sound like it'll be worth the extra bit of time to wait, and at least it should be out soon too. Thanks for the help on the matter, since I wasn't having too much luck myself looking around at stuff.