Pokemon X/Y differences?

COCOBYTES

Different base legendary for the game... like every other game?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Its just a reason for grown men to argue at the watercooler during snacktime (at least in my experience :P) they could of easily put all the pokemon on one game but they didn't. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

different legendaries and some pokemon you get in X that you cant get in Y and vice versa 

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

they reason they make 2 games all started with red,blue and green(jp). it was when the gameboy came out that nintendo wanted to encouge a sense of commiuty. so gamefreak made 2 games with certain exclusive pokemon per game. to encouge more game sales and trading between people. 

this is your pokemon history for the day

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

@felixbearpig, you forgot yellow though it differs quite much from three others. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Different legendaries

Different Pokemon found on the wild

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Different variables used to calculate their awesomeness ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Pokemon model:

{pokemon found in generation} = {pokemon found in game A} + {pokemon found in game B} + {pokemon found in superior game c}

I think mewtwo has a different mega evolution for in each respective version. Not completely sure about it though

Pokemon model:

{pokemon found in generation} = {pokemon found in game A} + {pokemon found in game B} + {pokemon found in superior game c}

{Gameboy Advance generation}={Sapphire}+{Ruby}+{Emerald} 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Right now this is all that's known about version differences: http://serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

So not much is known yet and we'll probably not know much about any of the other version differences before launch. This is the first time that they've done a simultaneous worldwide release so a lot isn't known yet. For those who can't be bothered clicking the link X has an item that can be given to Mewtwo that makes it a Fighting/Psychic "Mega Evolution" and Y has an item that makes it a Psychic "Mega Evolution". Both have unknown other stat changes. Ontop of that the X legendary is a Fairy type Pokemans and the Y Legendary is Dark/Flying.

As for what those types are if you're into more competitive fighting: http://serebii.net/xy/typechart.shtml

Dark/Flying will be weak to Ice, Rock and Fairy and immune to Ground and Psychic
Fairy will be weak to Poison and Steel and immune to Dragon
Fighting/Psychic will be weak to Ghost and Fairy
Psychic is weak to Bug, Ghost and Dark

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

One has a better looking cover and will end up selling a lot more. Then since nobody else buys the ugly cover game you are forced to buy it yourself along with another DS just to complete your pokedex, only to find that everybody else did the same thing and now you're all angry at each other for wasting money on the ugly cover game... On the brightside you finally completed your pokedex, but cant show off to anyone cause you all hate each other.

One has a better looking cover and will end up selling a lot more. Then since nobody else buys the ugly cover game you are forced to buy it yourself along with another DS just to complete your pokedex, only to find that everybody else did the same thing and now you're all angry at each other for wasting money on the ugly cover game... On the brightside you finally completed your pokedex, but cant show off to anyone cause you all hate each other.

i always get both games and i never fell as if i wasted my money.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the difference between each other??

There are some pokemon that get different mega evolutions on each game, besides the usual exclusive legendary, and pokemons.

look for jwittz on youtube, he speaks about the upcoming games, and about the mega evolutions.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Women and Men.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

...the same difference that's been in place since Gen 1 from the 90's...

Different version exclusive Pokemon.

Different legendary pokemon, different mega evolutions for mewtwo and charizard, exclusive pokemon and some other minor things I don't know about :P

Pokemon X has the better Charizard mega-evolution. 'Nuff said.

Yup the fire/dragon typing nullifies the super effectiveness of water attacks i believe

Yup the fire/dragon typing nullifies the super effectiveness of water attacks i believe

So it changes type? That's cool. So instead of being weak to Water, Electric and 4x to rock it's got 2x weaknesses to Ground, Rock and Dragon.

Although the other version's Mega Charizard has Drought, when it's brought into battle the sun comes out. 1.5x power to Fire attacks and no charging for Solarbeam. Hard to know which one is better without the base stat. If the Y version Charizard has high special attack and speed then that would be the one to go for.

So it changes type? That's cool. So instead of being weak to Water, Electric and 4x to rock it's got 2x weaknesses to Ground, Rock and Dragon.

Although the other version's Mega Charizard has Drought, when it's brought into battle the sun comes out. 1.5x power to Fire attacks and no charging for Solarbeam. Hard to know which one is better without the base stat. If the Y version Charizard has high special attack and speed then that would be the one to go for.

I want to say that it would be higher in special att and speed because it keeps its fire/flying typing in its Y mega evolution which keeps it more susceptible to more attacks.

Some pokemon are only in one of them. That way people have to convince their friends to buy the other game so they can complete the pokedex ^^

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I want to say that it would be higher in special att and speed because it keeps its fire/flying typing in its Y mega evolution which keeps it more susceptible to more attacks.

Wouldn't be the first Pokemans that has had awesome movesets/abilities/typing etc but ended up with the wrong stats. Although apparently this time it's as expected:

http://serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml

The Fire/Flying Mega Charizard Y has a "significantly" boosted Special attack

The Fire/Dragon Mega Charizard X has a boosted Attack

The Psychic/Fighting Mega Mewtwo X has a boosted Attack

The Psychic Mega Mewtwo Y has a boosted Special Attack

So I guess I might go for Y because they look like the better Mega Evolutions. 

I believe another factor is how often certain Pokemon will appear.

A Pokemon may appear in both games, but has a higher chance of appearing in one version.

CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.4 GHz      RAMKingston HyperX Grey Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)      MOBO: ASRock Z77E-ITX  

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 1060 6GB     HDD's: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  

PSUSilverStone Strider ST50F-P 500W       Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black)