R9 390 875 Euro

Frolos

I'm planning to build a new pc (my first one) and am kind of wondering how the power consumption will work out of the build below, mainly due to the R9 390.

I plan to use this rig for gaming on a single 1080P monitor. Mostly games like, WoW, LoL, D3, DA:I, Witcher 3, Overwatch, DS3 and many more.

Any feedback is welcome!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 Boxed

Mobo:  Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H

GPU: Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 390 8G

Case:  Cooler Master Silencio 352

RAM:  Crucial CT2K4G4DFS8213

PSU:  Cooler Master GM G550M

SSD:  Crucial BX200 240GB

edit cuz im a n00b on this forum

1 minute ago, Frolos said:

I'm planning to build a new pc (my first one) and am kind of wondering how the power consumption will work out of the build below, mainly due to the R9 390.

I plan to use this rig for gaming on a single 1080P monitor. Mostly games like, WoW, LoL, D3, DA:I, Witcher 3, Overwatch, DS3 and many more.

Any feedback is welcome!

CPU:

A 390 will max out 1080p and the card itself needs 250w to run.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

you can put all the parts in pcpartpicket.com and it'll tell you the rough estimate

6 minutes ago, Frolos said:

Cooler Master GM G550M

dont get this psu for your rig `-`

your 390 probably will have issues running with it

get something more decent 

get something like an EVGA G2 550W

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

12 minutes ago, lh99 said:

first thought that you paid 875 euro on a r9 390

just use this psu calculator http://www.bequiet.com/de/psucalculator

Sorry bro, that was not the intention o.O

I did use the calculator and it indicates I would only need 373 watts, that seems a bit low but as indicated, this will be my first build.

@ Moonzy, your suggestion will run me over budget sadly enough, but are the 30 euros more really worth it?

1 minute ago, Frolos said:

Sorry bro, that was not the intention o.O

I did use the calculator and it indicates I would only need 373 watts, that seems a bit low but as indicated, this will be my first build.

@ Moonzy, your suggestion will run me over budget sadly enough, but are the 30 euros more really worth it?

the calculator is pretty accurate so if you buy a 430 or 530 w psu u can easily overclock xD like if you don´t need modularity the be quiet system power 8 500w /50 Euro) is great and cheap, if you need modularity it´s going to be a bit more expensive

@Frolos In the future (or now) you should use PCPartPicker to plan your build. It will tell you how many watts you'll be using and also help make sure that all of your parts are compatible. As well as tell you how much the PC will cost you.

3 minutes ago, lh99 said:

the calculator is pretty accurate so if you buy a 430 or 530 w psu u can easily overclock xD like if you don´t need modularity the be quiet system power 8 500w /50 Euro) is great and cheap, if you need modularity it´s going to be a bit more expensive

But it's quite a bad unit in terms of internal quality.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

But it's quite a bad unit in terms of internal quality.

just used it in a build for a friend, and it has black cabels, and now ugly ketchup+mustard, what i think is a huge selling point at this price, also reasonable quite, and really what do u get for 50 euros

6 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

@Frolos In the future (or now) you should use PCPartPicker to plan your build. It will tell you how many watts you'll be using and also help make sure that all of your parts are compatible. As well as tell you how much the PC will cost you.

Thanks for the feedback and the pointer towards pcpartpicker, from the price point of view its a giant flustercluck as i live in the Netherlands, but it shows my build at 415 watts so 550 should be fine. Can anyone give arguments for why i should avoid the cooler master in the OP?

3 minutes ago, Frolos said:

Thanks for the feedback and the pointer towards pcpartpicker, from the price point of view its a giant flustercluck as i live in the Netherlands, but it shows my build at 415 watts so 550 should be fine. Can anyone give arguments for why i should avoid the cooler master in the OP?

550W should be fine, PCPartPicker puts in a buffer anyway, so anything above 415 will work. I would think that the PSU has some reliability problems based on that comment by @Moonzy, I use an EVGA 600B, which is cheap and has worked fine for me. Keeping in mind that I have a GTX 560 and the TDP is 150Watts spread out by 6 pins. A 390 has a TDP of about 275Watts so keep that in mind.

20 minutes ago, Frolos said:

your suggestion will run me over budget sadly enough, but are the 30 euros more really worth it?

lol your mention didnt work

make sure it turned orange like how people are using it :P

anyway its totally worth it, i know someone who have a 970 he cant use because he have a bad 460W psu, and the 970 is about 100W lower tdp than the 390 so there's that

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

I use an EVGA 600B, which is cheap and has worked fine for me

the 600B isnt that great, but if you already have it then its fine

13 minutes ago, Frolos said:

Can anyone give arguments for why i should avoid the cooler master in the OP?

anything below 9 points in jonny guru is considered crap, 9.5 points and above are the good ones

the g2 i recommended scored perfect 10 btw

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=430