new harddrive for my laptop

my laptop had some problems today, it didnt start and it seemed the HHD was failing. i got it working after a coupple of shakes and hitts at the general area of the HDD and then the wright head seemed to go back to working. im not sure i trust it anymore however so i want a new HDD, or preferable an SSD or SSHD. it dosent need to be very big as i have most off my stuff on my portable 1TB HDD. i have a grand total of $30 and i dont really want to spend all that. I am in sweden so it needs to either be from within sweden or have free shipping here, and the US is a no go because its usiually $20-$40 shipping and toll fees from there xD thanks for any help here and im super fine with used stuff :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

What laptop do you have?

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im super fine with used stuff

never get used hard drives `-`

i recommend getting an HDD with that budget, u cant get a 250gb SSD which is required if its the only drive in your system

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, VincentiusIV said:

What laptop do you have?

asus eee 1080pc good luck finding anything more then the ASUS site on it, well its a 2.5" harddrive anywat and its SATA

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Maybe you should look into used hardware. Or cough up some more of those fancy kronor. Take a look at your local retail prices, say, here or here. Even the cheapest SSDs and 2,5" HDDs start at 449kr. Which is, what, twice your budget?

30$ is very slim budget if you ask me ... I recomand to just save up 10-15$ more and grab a new small SSD in this budget range there is not very much discount on used SSD's, if you have some tech- or otherstuff try to maybe trade+a few $ via local classifids

Otherwise I have a 2,5 inch Laptop HDD with only 80GB it is a ... a old antique IDE Drive but it works xD 20 Euro include shipping 

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

never get used hard drives `-`

i recommend getting an HDD with that budget, u cant get a 250gb SSD which is required if its the only drive in your system

120gb or even 60gb is fine, i have NOTHING on it, its all on my main PC or my portable HDD :) its so weak i cant do much with it anyway

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Narnash said:

30$ is very slim budget if you ask me ... I recomand to just save up 10-15$ more and grab a new small SSD in this budget range there is not very much discount on used SSD's, if you have some tech- or otherstuff try to maybe trade+a few $ via local classifids

Otherwise I have a 2,5 inch Laptop HDD with only 80GB it is a ... a old antique IDE Drive but it works xD 20 Euro include shipping 

sorry need SATA :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

sorry need SATA :P 

than maybe as a keychain? :x I can add a ... nice attractive Athlon CPU with only maybe twice as much as you can count wih your hand of broken pins

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

120gb or even 60gb is fine, i have NOTHING on it, its all on my main PC or my portable HDD :) its so weak i cant do much with it anyway

grab a new ssd from your local shop that fits your bill then

any ssd except the v300 is fine :3

again, never buy used hard disk

3 minutes ago, Narnash said:

than maybe as a keychain? :x I can add a ... nice attractive Athlon CPU with only maybe twice as much as you can count wih your hand of broken pins

alredy have my fair shair of broken PC shit i need to get rid off but now that im thinking about it i have some old hardware i might get working with that IDE HDD but not now i have no money xD

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

grab a new ssd from your local shop that fits your bill then

any ssd except the v300 is fine :3

again, never buy used hard disk

ok il see what i can get, probably like 16GB xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok il see what i can get, probably like 16GB xD 

cant even install windows on 16gb, have fun :P

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

alredy have my fair shair of broken PC shit i need to get rid off but now that im thinking about it i have some old hardware i might get working with that IDE HDD but not now i have no money xD

maybe someday I build a small HDD Sander from this one, so go work an get the DeaLZ

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

cant even install windows on 16gb, have fun :P

..... i was joking when i said 16GB but that is literally all there is for my budget. wtf.... this is just depressing wow.

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

..... i was joking when i said 16GB but that is literally all there is for my budget. wtf.... this is just depressing wow.

thats why i said get a hdd lol

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

thats why i said get a hdd lol

yah probably will, or i will just keep this one for now because this is frankly ridicules 

Builds:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Maybe you should look into used hardware. Or cough up some more of those fancy kronor. Take a look at your local retail prices, say, here or here. Even the cheapest SSDs and 2,5" HDDs start at 449kr. Which is, what, twice your budget?

yah well thanks anyway :)

Builds:

Spoiler