6700 build

arnasd

Hello guys,

Please take a look at this build I am planning to buy.

It does not have graphic card included ( as I have   gigabyte 760 gtx g1 and I will use it till new  Nvidia cards will be released)

Ok, few questions  I have:

Is this PSU alright?

Ram latency : cl14, should I look for lower latency ram?

Motherboard: I am looking for a budget gaming motherboard. Night elf msi seems quite nice but can't find many reviews. Perhaps some of you have experience with it.

Is this kingston ssd alright or should I go with evo 850?

Mainly I am going to play  CSGO, perhaps try some streaming, and start with video editing.

skylake build.png

CPU:  Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz)   MB: MSI b150m Night Elf    RAM: Kingston HyperX fury 16gb   GPU: ASUS R9 285 STRIX 2gb

SSD: Sandisk 400s 256gb   PSU: Seasonic s12 620w  CASE: Corsair SPEC-m2 gaming series    DISPLAY: AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms freesync AUDIO: Kingston HyperX Cloud I   

The PSU is good.

Haven't heard much about that motherboard but judging from its specs, it should be fine. 

If you can afford to spend a little more, definitely go for the 850 EVO.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Thanks for the replies, guys.

ActualIy I am between this skylake build and 4790k build (which is a little bit expensive). I am leaning towards newer system but 4790k is more powerful with. Which one you would go for.  Perhaps that would  end my indecision.

4790k.png

CPU:  Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz)   MB: MSI b150m Night Elf    RAM: Kingston HyperX fury 16gb   GPU: ASUS R9 285 STRIX 2gb

SSD: Sandisk 400s 256gb   PSU: Seasonic s12 620w  CASE: Corsair SPEC-m2 gaming series    DISPLAY: AOC G2460PF 144hz 1ms freesync AUDIO: Kingston HyperX Cloud I   

That case looks terrible, pretty sure you can get something better at this budget. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

20 minutes ago, arnasd said:

ActualIy I am between this skylake build and 4790k build (which is a little bit expensive). I am leaning towards newer system but 4790k is more powerful with. Which one you would go for.  Perhaps that would  end my indecision.

4790k.png

How much does the i7 6700k costs by the way? and can you find a MSI PC mate Z170A board or a Ashrock PRO 4/4S Z170 board?

Pascal laptops guide

37 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

How much does the i7 6700k costs by the way? and can you find a MSI PC mate Z170A board or a Ashrock PRO 4/4S Z170 board?

6700k - ~ 361euro without cooler.

MSI PC mate Z170A - 115euros

asrock z170m pro4s - 110 euros

3 minutes ago, arnasd said:

6700k - ~ 361euro without cooler.

MSI PC mate Z170A - 115euros

asrock z170m pro4s - 110 euros

I would go for the 6700K if you can afford the cooler along and a Z170 board. Hopefully DDR4 isn't too pricey from where you are buying it.

Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, arnasd said:

4790k.png

I don't really spend much money on case but kind of  agree that the case is not the best looking.