Power line adapter kit

Attis

Hi all,

I have a power line AV adapter kit and it don't seem to work. I think I'm just it wrong. Do I just plug 1 end of 1 adapter to my router? And where do I plug the other wire into? I can't put it in the tv router because it is right next to my internet router.

Here's a picture

Thanks!

image.jpg

Plug both adapters directly into the wall, not into a power board or a extension cord.

With one of the adapters, plug your router into it via the Ethernet cable.

With the other one, plug it into a device, for example, another router, computer or printer.

Then it should work automatically.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4 ghz (Turbo 3.9ghz) RAM: Trancsend 2x 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 (16GB) GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Case: Cooler Master HAF922 Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 120GB Solid State Drive, Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive PSU: Cooler Master CX750 750w Power Supply.

Keyboard: Logitech G310 Mechanical Compact Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G302 Gaming Mouse Displays: 3 Monitors Operating System: Windows 10 Home

13 minutes ago, mclarence said:

Plug both adapters directly into the wall, not into a power board or a extension cord.

With one of the adapters, plug your router into it via the Ethernet cable.

With the other one, plug it into a device, for example, another router, computer or printer.

Then it should work automatically.

All of the devices are in one area(near the router) nothing else plug it into, I want to put the adapter in my room( around 30 feet away)

17 minutes ago, Attis said:

All of the devices are in one area(near the router) nothing else plug it into, I want to put the adapter in my room( around 30 feet away)

So, you would firstly put one adapter in the room of which the router is located in and the other one in your room.

With the first adapter (the one in the room where the router is located), connect the adapter into the router via the ethernet cable.

With the second adapter (the one in your room), connect it to a device of your choice via an ethernet cable. For example, a computer.

Make sure the power is on with both adapters and it should automatically connect.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4 ghz (Turbo 3.9ghz) RAM: Trancsend 2x 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 (16GB) GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Case: Cooler Master HAF922 Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 120GB Solid State Drive, Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive PSU: Cooler Master CX750 750w Power Supply.

Keyboard: Logitech G310 Mechanical Compact Keyboard Mouse: Logitech G302 Gaming Mouse Displays: 3 Monitors Operating System: Windows 10 Home

7 hours ago, mclarence said:

So, you would firstly put one adapter in the room of which the router is located in and the other one in your room.

With the first adapter (the one in the room where the router is located), connect the adapter into the router via the ethernet cable.

With the second adapter (the one in your room), connect it to a device of your choice via an ethernet cable. For example, a computer.

Make sure the power is on with both adapters and it should automatically connect.

But all the devices are together, that's my problem

7 hours ago, Attis said:

But all the devices are together, that's my problem

So, do you want to connect multiple devices on one powerline adapter?

4 hours ago, mclarence said:

So, do you want to connect multiple devices on one powerline adapter?

So when i go to my room, the connection there is bad which makes me not able to use my phone efficient.  

11 minutes ago, Attis said:

So when i go to my room, the connection there is bad which makes me not able to use my phone efficient.  

Powerline is for stationary devices.. what you want is a wifi repeater.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Powerline is for stationary devices.. what you want is a wifi repeater.

O wow, thanks for correct my mistake. Can you link me a decent wifi repeater?

Just now, Attis said:

O wow, thanks for correct my mistake. Can you link me a decent wifi repeater?

Just to confirm you want to make your wifi better in certain parts of the house yes?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Just to confirm you want to make your wifi better in certain parts of the house yes?

Yes, Connection is bad at some places like my room.

You can buy a wireless router and connect it to the power line adapter which can act as another access point.