How to hookup a Razer Seiren Pro to an audio-interface? I promise I'm not stupid.

Johnmakuta

The Seiren Pro comes with a 5 pin connector that splits into 2 XLRs. Which one do I plug into my Audio interface? I heard that I need to plug both in but I only have 2 inputs on my audio-interface and I need to plug in 2 mics. Help?

Looks like the seiren pro has a DMX interface which is typically used for lighting.. 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

go read the manual and see what it says about the xlr cable and come back with what that says.

The Dick of the audio page!

10 hours ago, EndlessOyster said:

go read the manual and see what it says about the xlr cable and come back with what that says.

This is all it gives me:

20160409_145609.jpg

20160409_145454.jpg

16 hours ago, Johnmakuta said:

This is all it gives me:

20160409_145609.jpg

20160409_145454.jpg

wow thats a dreadful manual, it even shows a 3 pin xlr but a 5 pin connector

The Dick of the audio page!

9 hours ago, EndlessOyster said:

wow thats a dreadful manual, it even shows a 3 pin xlr but a 5 pin connector

I know. All the setups that I have seen people use it with have both plugged in so I guess I'll just have to get a larger audio interface.

On April 9, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Luc401 said:

Looks like the seiren pro has a DMX interface which is typically used for lighting.. 

DMX is not what it uses. Its XLR based so if you could submit a photo of your audio interface that would really help us figure out what the problem is.

The two outputs is odd. If you can still return it or get your money back I suggest that you do.Grabbing an Audio Technica mic instead would save you the hassle. Also yeah it just looks like you're gonna need a bigger boat... oh wait sorry audio interface. 

2 hours ago, WasThatDave said:

DMX is not what it uses. Its XLR based so if you could submit a photo of your audio interface that would really help us figure out what the problem is.

Well a 5 pin xlr is a dmx..

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

9 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

Yes but dmx uses the already existing xlr cable. Its not a dmx pin type its an xlr pin type. There's no such thing as a dmx cable for example. You just use 5 pin xlr cables when hooking up dmx equipment to boards or controllers.

15 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

That's all I meant. It gets confusing if you refer to xlr cables as dmx and so on.