Getting into Premiere, some help needed

Hi everyone, I have always wanted to get into Premiere and after looking at some of its features, I decided to want to take a dip. However, I need some help.

Currently, I use Sony Vegas. I've gotten pretty used to it but it's lacking some things that I feel like Adobe Premiere has for example, the better UI and integration with After Effects...etc. But the main drawback is that first, I don't really know how to use it, second, it doesn't really support the rendering methods that I prefer. It doesn't support Intel Quick Sync and also, the plugin for the NVENC acceleration is also kinda finicky. Is there a way that someone can help me ease into Premiere with the issues that I have highlighted?

Also, is there a way that I can get Premiere as a stand-alone? I think the price is a bit steep and from what I saw on their website, it looks that you have to have a subscription to the Creative Cloud? Thanks.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

I'm currently in the process of learning Premiere Pro myself. I'm using Lynda.com and its pretty good although I wouldn't recommend trying to follow along with the lessons in real time because you spend more time trying to keep up than actually learning things :P

You mention a plugin for Nvenc acceleration..doesn't Premiere already support Nvidia GPUS? Why would you need a plugin? My premiere pro lets me select my 970 in the preferences...

You do need the creative cloud to own the program. It's  £15 per month for one application but you can apply as a student and it's only something like £7.

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

21 minutes ago, JaZoN_XD said:

Also, is there a way that I can get Premiere as a stand-alone? I think the price is a bit steep and from what I saw on their website, it looks that you have to have a subscription to the Creative Cloud? Thanks.

The Creative Cloud programs are so expensive.

You can get Premiere 14 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-Premiere-14/dp/B014GP8WW2

But if you want the most recent Creative Cloud programs other than that (unless you pirate it), its like  £84 a year

I switched to Davinci Resolve, which has a totally free version that's amazing https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/za/products/davinciresolve

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Interesting... thank you for your inputs. @AstroBenny AFAIK, there's this third-party plugin that allows you to use Nvidia NVENC, basically the same encoding method Shadowplay uses, making rendering videos extremely quick and efficient. Also, I find that compared to Sony Vegas, the options to customize your rendering options is very obscure and does not seem as easy to use as Sony Vegas where they lay everything out in front of you.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

There isn't a way to just buy Premiere pro unfortunately, its gone subscription with the creative cloud only. You can buy Adobe's lower end consumer focused video editing tools however but they obviously aren't the same quality of suite as the CC.

I should also probably mention last week I went through looking at all of the tools and come to the same conclusion that I really didn't want to pay $20 a month to edit a few gaming videos a month. I tried Vegas, final cut, davinci and PowerDirector and actually ended up buying PowerDirector for about $50. PowerDirector has a 30 day trial which you can use to determine if it will work for you and I am actually pretty happy with it. Its obviously not the CC suite of stuff its not as advanced in any area but its a reasonably capable tool and its more than capable of making films. If I had one issue with what it can do is in regards to audio, its capabilities to reduce noise and such are not as advanced as I want. But as a NLE combined with Audacity and a few other tools I can get the job done for a fraction of the cost. Some people just plain need PP but I really don't, I have greater concerns with video quality than my editor my own skills are certainly the limitation not the tool.