Which graphics card should I buy?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, so sorry for my newbieness. So basically I've recently built a mid level gaming PC, however I've yet to buy a new graphics card, since could not decide which would be right decision. The only thing I've decided is, that I would like to stick to an NVIDIA card(I have no problems with AMD, just got used to NVIDIA). So basically I am a guy who mostly plays with League of Legends ,DOTA 2, Smite, CS:GO, TERA, and funs around in BF3, however I do like trying out some of the new games as well. I've watched gameplay comparisons and read a bunch of benchmark tests, still can't decide.. My budget is tight and I'm aware that I don't need a high-end graphics card, so I would not like to buy a card better and more expensive than the GTX 960, however I still think that the 960 is not the best price / performance card on the market. There are two other cards, that cought my attention: the GTX 750 Ti, and the GTX 950. Which card would you guys suggest me to buy? (Other suggestions are also accepted) Please note that I would preferably like a DX 12 full supported card.

My so far specs are the following:

CPU: Intel i5-6500 (Skylake)

RAM:  Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX Fury Black

Motherboard:  MSI B150M BAZOOKA

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 3.5" 1TB

Gaming resolution: 1920*1080p

Thank you guys in advance!

Have a nice day!

EDIT: It is more than enough if the newer demanding games run on a mid/high graphics ~50-60fps, I do not need ultra preset.

AMD 370/380

NVIDIA 960

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

The 750 ti is a good performance card, it's performance isn't that good for newer games. I use a 960 and it's great but I would've recommended a r9 380 but you want to stick with Nvidia, so I would go for a 970

Price / performance wise the GTX 970 is a very good option and perfect for 1080p gaming.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

Depends on your price your willing to pay because the 750ti and 950 is a good budget graphics card and its good keeping up with the new games and even the AAA titles.

If your budget is really tight I'd say go for the GTX 950... I would've bought that myself since I also have a budget build pc but that card came a few months after I bought my PC.However if had more money to spare i would definitely get myself a GTX 960 coz it really does give some of the best bang for the buck. 

12 minutes ago, SportzMan said:

Please note that I would preferably like a DX 12 full supported card.

All current-gen cards have spotty support for DX12 (non have absolutely full support,) but Radeon cards tend to perform better with DX12-specific features. I recommend the R9 380 4GB. 

I used to be quite active here.

I would preferably stay under 300$. Please note that the prices may differ in my country. (e.g. the cheapest GTX 970 is ~400$)

Why are you opposed to buying a video card better than the GTX 960 when it costs less? The R9 380 is a faster card and can be had for as low as $160 on sale. @Starelementpoke found a Sapphire NITRO card somewhere for $170 post-rebate.

1 hour ago, SportzMan said:

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, so sorry for my newbieness. So basically I've recently built a mid level gaming PC, however I've yet to buy a new graphics card, since could not decide which would be right decision. The only thing I've decided is, that I would like to stick to an NVIDIA card(I have no problems with AMD, just got used to NVIDIA). So basically I am a guy who mostly plays with League of Legends ,DOTA 2, Smite, CS:GO, TERA, and funs around in BF3, however I do like trying out some of the new games as well. I've watched gameplay comparisons and read a bunch of benchmark tests, still can't decide.. My budget is tight and I'm aware that I don't need a high-end graphics card, so I would not like to buy a card better and more expensive than the GTX 960, however I still think that the 960 is not the best price / performance card on the market. There are two other cards, that cought my attention: the GTX 750 Ti, and the GTX 950. Which card would you guys suggest me to buy? (Other suggestions are also accepted) Please note that I would preferably like a DX 12 full supported card.

My so far specs are the following:

CPU: Intel i5-6500 (Skylake)

RAM:  Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX Fury Black

Motherboard:  MSI B150M BAZOOKA

SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 3.5" 1TB

Gaming resolution: 1920*1080p

Thank you guys in advance!

Have a nice day!

EDIT: It is more than enough if the newer demanding games run on a mid/high graphics ~50-60fps, I do not need ultra preset.

Get a better SSD.