New Gaming Notebook or ultra book like notebook plus self made eGPU

Hey everyone,

my long time gaming laptop is finally giving its last breaths and I am now looking for a replacement. 

Usually I like to play mobas like League of Legends or CSgo but once in a while I'd love to be able to play games like the witcher in high settings on a fullHD screen. So I started researching and came to the conclusion that I would need a laptop with a quad core gpu and at least a gtx8970m. With a ssd and hdd combination this will land me around 2000€ by a company like XMG Schenker or msi. 

The other solution would be to buy a mid range notebook with a quad core cpu and a thunderbolt2 connection to be able to set up an eGPU with an external power supply and a desktop GPU of my liking. Very ruff calculations let me to believe that this solution would also cost me around 2000€ but I can't seem to find a suitable notebook. 

This leads me  to my questions:

Does anyone have experience with eGPU solutions and knows of a nice notebook use for that? is this idea even worth it? If I end up going for a gaming notebook with at least a gtx970m or higher which would you recommend?

Thanks for all the help in advance :)

You can get laptops with a 960m for around 1000 euros which will play all AAA

And then spend 1000 on a desktop (or more on a desktop later)

The EGPU solution is pointless since you may aswell just build a desktop, and you sitll cant play games when mobile since an ultrabook has no GPU , and often a weak CPU to bottleneck the desktop gpu

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I dont need a gaming notebook because I game on the go but because I need something portable becAuse I travel by train and not by car. And I don't have the space at home to permanently place a desktop and display. If there would be any chance of me having a desktop I would obviously build one, but it unfortunately isn't that way.

Is there no one with another opinion that actually helps me and answers my questions? :o