Disk at 100%

Lavos5181

I restarted my laptop that has windows 10 after the keyboard and mouse (logitech G700s) stopped working. Once I did my laptop went very oddly slow so I looked at the task manager and said that my Disk was at 100% when the highest process is at 2.2MB/s. I googled the problem and have tried the following. turned off MSI support. Stopped both superfetch and windows search. Also I turned off notifications for everything on windows except for apps. None of those did anything to the problem. Anyone know what to do at this point and why this is happening?

did you upgrade to windows 10 or clean install

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Basically this means it's time to get an ssd. 

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

the laptop is only one year old barely used and there is hardly anything showing the disk use is being used.  its always stays a 100% disk use even when it shows five processes using only .1MB/s or 2.2MB/s

open up perfmon and look at which process is actually using 100% of the disk. I suspect it will be windows update services, kill it. There is a superseded update that uses a lot of system resources, hence why they updated the update. Go grab the new update and manually install that. I could be thinking of a Server update however.

Failing that check the disk's smart status.

Its a bug. Windows 10 some times does this on my laptop. Its a rare thing for me, but from what I read, its a bug in Windows 10. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem its always 80%-100% some times its 1,5mb/s and some times when I working its 250 mb/s .Its the same laptop is slow :@