Former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi passes away

GoodBytes

Mod message:

Sorry for all the posts.. the forum was not working right since very early morning for me, I think something horribly wrong happened. Sorry for the mess.

Article:

The man who transformed Nintendo from a simple card game manufacture in 1949 when he becomes the president of the company, to this massive gaming console manufacture, and got the industry in North America back to it's feet after the Video Game Crash passed away at age 85 today.

HiroshiYamauchi_large_verge_medium_lands

He was Nintendo President officially until 2002 with the launch of the GameCube, where he stepped down. 53 years at working as president for Nintendo.

When Yamauchi became president of Nintendo in 1949, the company was a small playing cards manufacturer. In 1963 Yamauchi renamed Nintendo Playing Card to Nintendo and massively diversified the company's efforts. In the following years Nintendo set up a taxi company, a TV network, and even a chain of love hotels before getting into toys in 1966.

Nintendo's first toy was the Ultra Hand. It was designed by Gunpei Yokoi, who would later go on to create Nintendo's wildly popular handheld electronic game series Game & Watch and the Game Boy. The story goes that Yokoi created the Ultra Hand, which was an extendable arm that could grab items, for his own amusement, but when Yamauchi saw the product he ordered that it be developed as a toy in time for Christmas.

With the success of the Game & Watch series established and employees such as Shigeru Miyamoto creating titles like Donkey Kong, Yamauchi oversaw the creation of the Famicom. It was to be Nintendo's first home games console, released worldwide as the Nintendo Entertainment System. The NES was a huge risk for Nintendo, but is often credited as the catalyst for the rebirth of the videogame industry.

Yamauchi continued as President of Nintendo throughout its golden years, a period that saw the release of the Game & Watch series, the NES, the Game Boy, the SNES, the N64, and, finally, the GameCube.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/19/4747566/hiroshi-yamauchi-nintendo-president-obituary

RIP

This guy crafted most of our childhoods

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

RIP

Now i will sit in a corner and cry for days.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

RIP you were awesome

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

RIP. So many feels right now...

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

rest in peace mr guy 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

:( R.I.P.

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1