NZXT H440 problem

Redjo
Go to solution Solved by Acquire,

That review is for the original H440. In 2015 nzxt updated the case to increase air flow significantly by making the gaps in the front and top of the case larger.  You most likely have the updated model. I run a dual 980 Ti setup (non reference) in this case with no cooling problems.

Hello guys today i created topic about ''worth waiting for Pascal/Polaris'' and one of the guys from this forum writed me this:

I don't know whether it's worth it to wait for your gpu or not, but I do know the H440 isn't a great case for watercooling due to those really small side exhaust vents in the top. The Hyper 212 EVO outperforms an H105 in this guy's testing with that case.

And linked that video:

To be honest it made me really upset :/ since i already purchase the case and Kraken x61 today. I will be using Evga 980Ti Hybrid tho. Should i try to refund before its to late, because it will arrive at 8.4.2016.

Please give me your thoughts/suggestions.

- Redjo 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

1 hour ago, Redjo said:

Hello guys today i created topic about ''worth waiting for Pascal/Polaris'' and one of the guys from this forum writed me this:

I don't know whether it's worth it to wait for your gpu or not, but I do know the H440 isn't a great case for watercooling due to those really small side exhaust vents in the top. The Hyper 212 EVO outperforms an H105 in this guy's testing with that case.

And linked that video:

To be honest it made me really upset :/ since i already purchase the case and Kraken x61 today. I will be using Evga 980Ti Hybrid tho. Should i try to refund before its to late, because it will arrive at 8.4.2016.

Please give me your thoughts/suggestions.

- Redjo 

i mean the 980ti hybrid will be fine, put it at the rear exhaust, no restrictions there. my friend has an h100i v2 in his h440 and says it works great and keeps temps below what he had on his 212 evo... i have no personal experience with water cooling in the h440 ( i do own one tho) but its is definetly restrictive, if you put the rad in the front the fan seem to have more room, and if you got decent static presure fans its should be fine

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

4 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

i mean the 980ti hybrid will be fine, put it at the rear exhaust, no restrictions there. my friend has an h100i v2 in his h440 and says it works great and keeps temps below what he had on his 212 evo... i have no personal experience with water cooling in the h440 ( i do own one tho) but its is definetly restrictive, if you put the rad in the front the fan seem to have more room, and if you got decent static presure fans its should be fine

You think so? 

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I would keep em for asthetics, and i doubt t hat will be the same as a 212 evo but close to a nh-d15 becuase that cooler is solid

What you meant to say by and i doubt t hat will be the same as a 212 evo but close to a nh-d15 becuase that cooler is solid you talk about the video?

3 minutes ago, Jidonsu said:

If watercooling is the goal, then there are better cases out there for it.

Well lets say HYBRID cooling...... by water cooling in my mind personally pops things like Tubes,Pumps etc... if you know what i mean. 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

Also guys if i keep the case how do you recommend to position the fans of the coolers? 

Like CPU cooler at the top of the case and GPU cooler at the back or....? 

Project Redline: 

1 hour ago, Redjo said:

You think so? 

What you meant to say by and i doubt t hat will be the same as a 212 evo but close to a nh-d15 becuase that cooler is solid you talk about the video?

Well lets say HYBRID cooling...... by water cooling in my mind personally pops things like Tubes,Pumps etc... if you know what i mean. 

its up to you but the 980ti hybrid wont suffer at all if you put it as rear exhaust since its a normal grill with no restriction, 3 restricted 120mm intake with 1 normal 120 exhaust is still fine for cooling

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

1 hour ago, Redjo said:

Also guys if i keep the case how do you recommend to position the fans of the coolers? 

if you can x61 in front and 980ti rear exhaust, if not x61 up top and 980ti rear exhaust, dont put the 980ti as intake it will pump alot of heat in the case

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

1 minute ago, Redjo said:

isnt the problem that the preformance cooling is similar?

19 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

if you can x61 in front and 980ti rear exhaust, if not x61 up top and 980ti rear exhaust, dont put the 980ti as intake it will pump alot of heat in the case

So it should look something like this ? 

Spoiler

NQnF5.jpg

19 minutes ago, Aytex said:

isnt the problem that the preformance cooling is similar?

ya? Sorry little bit bad english, sometimes i dont understand what people want to say. But by far from the video aircolers seems to outperform Hybrid ones.

Project Redline: 

1 hour ago, Redjo said:

So it should look something like this ? 

Reveal hidden contents

NQnF5.jpg

i would leave out the top exhaust fans and just have the front rad and the rear rad thats it, with that setup its 4 120mm exhaust with only 2 140 in, going to have some negative pressure

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

i have the H440 with the H100I in the top in exhaust with 2 120's , 1 single 140 in the back and 2 140's in the front  dont get any dust build up and my temps are fine. the gpu i have though is the ROG 6970 DC11 and that is a thirsty card power wise, but that has rear exhaust

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

That review is for the original H440. In 2015 nzxt updated the case to increase air flow significantly by making the gaps in the front and top of the case larger.  You most likely have the updated model. I run a dual 980 Ti setup (non reference) in this case with no cooling problems.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.