PS 4.5 ?

MrTopSodaPop

So i was going to buy a PS4 but never really heard anything else about the Ps 4.5 and just wanted to see if this is a real thing or not. Anyone know or Sony said anything  ?

What, like the upgrade the xbox 360 had?

4 minutes ago, MrTopSodaPop said:

So i was going to buy a PS4 but never really heard anything else about the Ps 4.5 and just wanted to see if this is a real thing or not. Anyone know or Sony said anything  ?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=playstation%204k

Yep. Its real. Launching right around the time PSVR is launching. (October of this year.) 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

ever heard of the pc masterace ?
http://reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

/\

PC has the best compatibility of any console ever. 

Pc's are cheaper in long run, and can be repurposed.

a Console is a literal waste of money.  

3 minutes ago, Brink2Three said:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=playstation%204k

Yep. Its real. Launching right around the time PSVR is launching. (October of this year.) 

UAh to long to wait 

2 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

Has 3.5k AUD build just pc gaming isn't doing it atm for me 

3 minutes ago, MrTopSodaPop said:

UAh to long to wait 

Has 3.5k AUD build just pc gaming isn't doing it atm for me 

1k AUD or even 600 is more than enough to build a very capable machine...3.5k is only for people who wants balls to the walls components, if you give me a budget, I could literally build you one...right now...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

1k AUD or even 600 is more than enough to build a very capable machine...3.5k is only for people who wants balls to the walls components, if you give me a budget, I could literally build you one...right now...

That's what i wanted i didn't want to have to upgrade for years so yea very happy with it and yes i know pc is worth it in the long run its just not a lot of games i enjoy on it any more 

I don't think Sony has actually made an official confirmation, but there does appear to be enough information out there that they have something in the works. The major tech outlets are talking about it as if it is all but confirmed.

Most of the discussion now is about exactly what form it's going to take—whether it's some kind of add-on for existing hardware, an entirely new console, or whatever. Probably wouldn't hurt to at least wait until we know that much.

Just now, MrTopSodaPop said:

That's what i wanted i didn't want to have to upgrade for years so yea very happy with it and yes i know pc is worth it in the long run its just not a lot of games i enjoy on it any more 

Exclusives are something we don't have access to but there are thousands more indie titles thou...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, typographie said:

I don't think Sony has actually made an official confirmation, but there does appear to be enough information out there that they have something in the works. The major tech outlets are talking about it as if it is all but confirmed.

Most of the discussion now is about exactly what form it's going to take—whether it's some kind of add-on for existing hardware, an entirely new console, or whatever. Probably wouldn't hurt to at least wait until we know that much.

Never been good at waiting for news lol 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Exclusives are something we don't have access to but there are thousands more indie titles thou...

And yes good point, but atm just nothing seems that fun, Just at that kinda of stage i guess. It's not like I'm giving up Pc gaming just halfing my time to something else that's all 

1 minute ago, MrTopSodaPop said:

Never been good at waiting for news lol 

To be honest, I can't see how it could be anything other than an add-on to the existing hardware. The idea that Sony is actually going to split their players between two systems of vastly differing capabilities seems incredibly unlikely. A PS4 today is probably a very safe purchase, but it's up to you. We just don't know yet.

Look at every console Sony made, they made ps1, ps1 slim, ps2, ps2 slim, ps3  , ps3 slim, PS3 super slim, ps4.

so by looking at that I am 100% sure they will made atleast one more version of the ps4

From the sound of it.  The PS4K will probably feature some minor updates which will let it stream in 4k or something along those lines.  Then again Sony hasn't exactly been saying much, and I find it hard to believe they'd release a new console and not call it a PS5.  Then again... this is the company that releases a flagship phone every 6 months.  

considering the pricetag for 4k on pc

i dont think 4k will happen on a 400 dollar budget lol

twice the graphix card maybe, prices have come down quite a bit lol

On 06/04/2016 at 2:26 AM, MrTopSodaPop said:

atm just nothing seems that fun, Just at that kinda of stage i guess. It's not like I'm giving up Pc gaming just halfing my time to something else that's all 

Yeah, but there's not much point getting the XBOne or PS4 if you already have a decent PC. If you don't believe me here's a graph to explain it:

consoles.png

They don't have a list which compares them to PC, they're only compared to each other. But the point remains...

Exclusive -> Games you have to buy that platform to play (Uncharted, Halo, Zelda)

Console -> Games that are available elsewhere but only on this platform out of these three (Street Fighter, Titanfall, Tengami)

Timed -> Delayed release, effectively multi-platform (Tomb Raider, Axiom Verge, Dragon Quest X)

Non-Exclusive -> Available on at least two of the three listed.... (Assassin's Creed, CoD, Fallout)

You have to buy for the exclusives really if you own another platform. And the PS4 and XBOne have a pretty pathetic list of exclusives. I got a Wii U myself but in my mind I thought the size and ultimately the different style of it's exclusive library was worth it. It's third party support is pretty average but as someone who has a PC that's the one part of the library I couldn't care less about! I don't think the same is quite true of the PS4 and it's definitely not true for the XBOne. Those platforms are all about the multi-platform titles, games which you can play on PC

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing