Dual monitor with igpu

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

DVI-D = digital only

DVI-I = digital and analog

VGA = Analog

If you had a DVI monitor you would be able to do dual monitor, but you can't convert DVI-D to VGA with a DVI-I to VGA adapter, so you're out of luck :( 

9 minutes ago, tv15dsi said:

@vkarakostas I'm shure you can yes.

You need to enable Intel multimonitor in the bios in orde to use this function.

Actually he can not in his case. It is impossible to convert DVI-D to VGA. DVI-D lacks the required analogue pins.

That said, he can use 2 monitors just fine, but it has to be 1 DVI-D (or HDMI, that can be converted easily), and one analogue (VGA or DVI-i with adapter).

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

1 minute ago, Sheldon_King said:

Actually he can not in his case. It is impossible to convert DVI-D to VGA. DVI-D lacks the required analogue pins.

That said, he can use 2 monitors just fine, but it has to be 1 DVI-D (or HDMI, that can be converted easily), and one analogue (VGA or DVI-i with adapter).

My bad I thought he said DVI, not DVI-D

DVI-D = digital only

DVI-I = digital and analog

VGA = Analog

If you had a DVI monitor you would be able to do dual monitor, but you can't convert DVI-D to VGA with a DVI-I to VGA adapter, so you're out of luck :( 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Here you have a table. DVI-I Allows you to have a DVI to VGA adapter and use it for analog, DVI-D is digital at all times, you need a external adapter to convert dvi-d to vga (not the cheap ones, they are for some other things I don't know about) But they shure cannot send any Analog (VGA) waves to your screen.

Are you using 2 vga monitors?
If one of them has a DVI-D port use that one instead, there are also DVI-D to hdmi adapter cables (I currently use one for Dual Link DVI-I).

DVIQA.jpg