Is there a explanation for this

ahuckphin

The Photo.png

Is there a explanation for how when I load a webpage in ANY browser for like 5 seconds, it would tell me in Task Manager that nothing is happening?

16 minutes ago, bindydad123 said:

The Photo.png

Is there a explanation for how when I load a webpage in ANY browser for like 5 seconds, it would tell me in Task Manager that nothing is happening?

task manager being stupid

cause something is wrong with your DNS resolve which causes it to lag for a few seconds before it can download anything

the problem could be many things,  such as not clean installing windows 10, need to reinstall lan drivers, using wifi instead of ethernet, isp problems, etc...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well, considering your browser still indicates "Connecting..." it means it's waiting for a reply back from your ISP or the server.

Or it's waiting for the DNS to resolve vessel.com into the appropriate IP address.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Well, considering your browser still indicates "Connecting..." it means it's waiting for a reply back from your ISP or the server.

Or it's waiting for the DNS to resolve vessel.com into the appropriate IP address.

could a faster internet connection could lower "reply" time?

10 minutes ago, bindydad123 said:

could a faster internet connection could lower "reply" time?

Completely depends on what's holding up the connection. Can you run a speed test over at http://speedof.me and a http://pingtest.net ?

Post pics of both results and maybe it will shed some light on the situation. please remember to blur or black out your IP address.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

22 hours ago, kirashi said:

Completely depends on what's holding up the connection. Can you run a speed test over at http://speedof.me and a http://pingtest.net ?

Post pics of both results and maybe it will shed some light on the situation. please remember to blur or black out your IP address.

So i did a total of 4 test on each website. 3 of which i wasn't using the internet on PC for any other activities, while one of the result I was playing a YouTube video in background

A1.png

A2.png

A3.png

A4 (YouTube).pngThis is the test in which YouTube was playing in the background 

B1.png

B2.png

B3.png

B4 (YouTube).png

This is the test in which YouTube was playing in the background 

Interesting to see 2 of your speedof.me tests result in well less than half and half of the other 2's download rates - it seems the connection is poor, or jumpy.

Also, you'll need to have Java installed and use Firefox or Internet Explorer to run the Pingtest's properly, as it looks like the packet loss test didn't complete.

What kind of internet do you have? (Cable, DSL, Fibre, etc.)

Who is your ISP/Internet Company?

Which package/speed level do you have?

As of now, all I can think of is either a slow connection, or some kind of packet loss upstream from your house.

Also, I should have asked you if it was only vessel.com that you were having trouble with, or if other websites don't load properly?

You say you were watching YouTube in the last test, so that's gotta be working correctly, right?