One computer messes up pings for other PCs on network

danyule

Hey guys,

I thought I'd come here because this happens every time I come back and I have no solutions myself. So when I come back to my parents home after my semester finishes I connect my PC up to the network and my brothers moan and moan that there pings are skyrocketing in League (which they are, from about 200 - 1000 ping). We're on a 75Mbps download connection with about 10Mbps upload, I've tried it through LAN and Wi-Fi. I've run Norton, Malwarebytes, nothing found. My net still runs perfectly fine, but all other devices get horrendously bad pings and connection speed. When me and brothers play games I'm on 20ms ping, they're on about 800ms ping. What do you guys think is the problem? I've had it so it's just mine and my brother computers, problem is definitely my PC as when I disconnect my computer their ping is fine.

Thanks guys.

Just out of curiosity, download an Ubuntu livedisk and throw it on a USB stick. Boot your computer into Ubuntu running that with your computer hard wired to the net, does it still cause slowdowns on the network for the others? May be something in the background using up a large amount of bandwidth for whatever reason. 

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

22 minutes ago, danyule said:

Hey guys,

I thought I'd come here because this happens every time I come back and I have no solutions myself. So when I come back to my parents home after my semester finishes I connect my PC up to the network and my brothers moan and moan that there pings are skyrocketing in League (which they are, from about 200 - 1000 ping). We're on a 75Mbps download connection with about 10Mbps upload, I've tried it through LAN and Wi-Fi. I've run Norton, Malwarebytes, nothing found. My net still runs perfectly fine, but all other devices get horrendously bad pings and connection speed. When me and brothers play games I'm on 20ms ping, they're on about 800ms ping. What do you guys think is the problem? I've had it so it's just mine and my brother computers, problem is definitely my PC as when I disconnect my computer their ping is fine.

Thanks guys.

Do as @sobe suggested and run a live OS to eliminate any possibility of software issues. Also, do you happen to have DropBox on your PC?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

15 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Do as @sobe suggested and run a live OS to eliminate any possibility of software issues. Also, do you happen to have DropBox on your PC?

I do, I have DropBox application installed, does it cause problems?

7 minutes ago, danyule said:

I do, I have DropBox application installed, does it cause problems?

Try exiting it from your system tray (shutting it down) and then connecting to the network.

Our old router choked whenever DropBox was trying to update a large list of files for whatever reason, and caused everyone to have insanely high ping spikes.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)