Router and Networking Questions

TheSlipperySlope

So, I have this 75 megabit router from Verizon, and maybe its just me, but its not doing the cut. So whats a good router maybe 100 megabits and up? Or does my ISP provide my internet somehow? Forgive me, I'm new to how networking works.

The router only handles speeds with-in your network like pc to pc if thats the issue in which case you can get another router. If its actually internet access like websites then thats limited by the ISP(Internet service provider) in which case the router won't matter unless you're paying for over 75mbps or whatever the routers speed is. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

3 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

The router only handles speeds with-in your network like pc to pc if thats the issue in which case you can get another router. If its actually internet access like websites then thats limited by the ISP(Internet service provider) in which case the router won't matter unless you're paying for over 75mbps or whatever the routers speed is. 

Right I see. Thanks.