Which Switch Do You Prefer?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Switch

• Romer-G
    • Cherry MX Red
    • Cherry MX Brown
    • Cherry MX Blue
    • Razer Green

I'm looking to buy a new keyboard because my Razer Blackwidow is really starting to get on my nerves. The A or D key keeps getting stuck due to Razers crappy Razer Green switch that they use in their mechanical keyboards and it's really starting me to screw me over in games so I'm looking at going with Logitech peripherals. Mainly the G810 and G610 Brown and Red keyboards. I want to go with Logitech because I love the brand and my mouse is Logitech which I absolutely love more than any other mouse I have ever used. I just don't know which switch is better... I want something that feels a little more like the Razer Green switch and can handle me bottoming out all the time because I can't help but do that. Especially in driving games, in my head pressing down as hard as I can to turn makes me feel like I'm turning more. lol. I also want it to just have a nice click and be really smooth, which I want to emphasize because I've heard the Romer-G switch can be slightly mushy. The only reason I'm even considering the G810 anyway is because of the RGB lighting and some people actually like the Romer-G switch. So please help me with any feedback you may have to this situation. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

I'm looking to buy a new keyboard because my Razer Blackwidow is really starting to get on my nerves. The A or D key keeps getting stuck due to Razers crappy Razer Green switch that they use in their mechanical keyboards and it's really starting me to screw me over in games so I'm looking at going with Logitech peripherals. Mainly the G810 and G610 Brown and Red keyboards. I want to go with Logitech because I love the brand and my mouse is Logitech which I absolutely love more than any other mouse I have ever used. I just don't know which switch is better... I want something that feels a little more like the Razer Green switch and can handle me bottoming out all the time because I can't help but do that. Especially in driving games, in my head pressing down as hard as I can to turn makes me feel like I'm turning more. lol. I also want it to just have a nice click and be really smooth, which I want to emphasize because I've heard the Romer-G switch can be slightly mushy. The only reason I'm even considering the G810 anyway is because of the RGB lighting and some people actually like the Romer-G switch. So please help me with any feedback you may have to this situation. 

The MX Blue from Cherry sounds good for you. They're my personal favourite.

Though if you're able to go to a store and try some that would be a good idea too.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

4 minutes ago, ReturnOfCzex said:

MX Blue. Clicky fun fun.

Logitech doesn't have clicky fun fun on any of their keyboards except the 710 which is so hideous it ruins the clicky fun fun :( but I should have added it to the poll.... *sigh*

Added the Blue to poll

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Just now, Ophidio said:

Logitech doesn't have clicky fun fun on any of their keyboards except the 710 which is so hideous it ruins the clicky fun fun :( but I should have added it to the poll.... *sigh*

MX Blue sounds right for you!

4 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

The MX Blue from Cherry sounds good for you. They're my personal favourite.

Though if you're able to go to a store and try some that would be a good idea too.

Yeah it is the perfect switch honestly from everything I've read, I just really want to go with a Logitech Keyboard and the only one they offer is 710 which is hideous and obnoxiously big, something I really don't like. 

What model of the razer blackwidow do you use?

Current PC: "For Now Because I Have A Habit"

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K @4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z170 Extreme4

RAM: 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3200Mhz DDR4

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 Riing RGB Edition 

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition MSI

Case: Limited Edition Thermaltake View 31 Riing RGB

Power Supply: CoolerMaster V750 Fully Modular

SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB

HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 4K 28" 60HZ

Keyboard: G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB Cherry MX Red

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Extended

Speakers: Creative SBS A250

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

Yeah it is the perfect switch honestly from everything I've read, I just really want to go with a Logitech Keyboard and the only one they offer is 710 which is hideous and obnoxiously big, something I really don't like. 

Well, Logitech doesn't do another keyboard with Blues (other than the G710 I mean) so if you're set on Logitech you could go for the Orion Brown with MX Browns or if you can go with something that isn't Logitech I can recommend the CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate (I'm using it right now) or the Corsair K70.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

What about the k70 (mx blue)? I know you want logitech, but I've always preferred Corsair.

Also have you cleaned up your keyboard?

Peripherals:

5 minutes ago, SLIClocker said:

What model of the razer blackwidow do you use?

I have a 2014 Blackwidow Chroma Ultimate or whatever order of words that goes in. 

Ok well what i would suggest is get the 2016 edition razer blackwidow because they are more up to date and you can do all kinds of effects on the keyboard or you could go with the razer blackwidow x chroma "the latest RGB chroma keyboard by razer" and it feels very similar to the cherry mx blues and it also has the clicky feel to it, and it is also rated for up to 80 million key presses where as cherry mx are only rated up to 50, also i would prefer razer because there key switches have more in stock and cherry mx key supply is starting to run low.

Peripherals:

I really like my blue switches even they are kailh, i enjoy the clicking sound when i type. But, the catch is that i can hear them as i almost have music or youtube playing into my ears all the time, too bad for me, i will only have the chance to listen to them if i'm really serious when doing reports or whatnot, otherwise i can't imagine them as anything more than browns

I haven't really tried a lot. My first and only mech keyboard was a set of reds, merely because I was told they were the least offensive. Coming from one of those logitech office keyboards I did actually find the reds very offensive to listen to at first. But I got over it fairly quickly.