My full setup for my first rig

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/WGHhsY

That is the link to my full setup and i would love some opinions and suggestions so i can get the best bang for my buck. Also i already have a mouse and audio solution (that's why they're not included in my plan). Also another thing to consider for me is a set of tools, so i can reserve that set for specific to PC building because i have a bunch of tools but they are used in every day use and i do not want them on the off chance screwing up my parts when building

To be honest I would try to ditch the FX CPU and get a latest gen i3 6100. Your spending about 50USD more but it has MUCH more upgradability and it is a FAR better processor. You could most likely save some money on the PSU (you can get a 550w EVGA unit for ~40CD), cooler (i3 will work fine on stock) & by using an OEM windows key (found here; http://www.kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/ )

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

1 minute ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

To be honest I would try to ditch the FX CPU and get a latest gen i3 6100. Your spending about 50USD more but it has MUCH more upgradability and it is a FAR better processor. You could most likely save some money on the PSU (you can get a 550w EVGA unit for ~40CD), cooler (i3 will work fine on stock) & by using an OEM windows key (found here; http://www.kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/ )

So the windows key for windows ten and i do want an overclockable cpu because then i squeeze the performance out of it more

1 minute ago, Northern_Lion said:

So the windows key for windows ten and i do want an overclockable cpu because then i squeeze the performance out of it more

You could use one of the ASrock Base Clock overclocking boards to run the i3 with a good overclock (with a decent cooler). Its been known to get pretty fantastic results:

Although I would argue that a stock clock i3 6100 will still wipe the floor with the FX-4300 even overclocked. Not even taking into consideration the increased power consumption and case thermals.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

1 minute ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

You could use one of the ASrock Base Clock overclocking boards to run the i3 with a good overclock (with a decent cooler). Its been known to get pretty fantastic results:

Although I would argue that a stock clock i3 6100 will still wipe the floor with the FX-4300 even overclocked. Not even taking into consideration the increased power consumption and case thermals.

Ok so aslong as i can over clock i will pretty happy, thanks for the advice

1 hour ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Ok so i made my build with this in mind, will that be a good start for me? Also i have a 650 watt psu because then when i want to upgrade i can maybe get like sli later

and here i the list

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/NRxGvK

11 minutes ago, Northern_Lion said:

Ok so i made my build with this in mind, will that be a good start for me?

Yeah the i3 is a good bet. To be honest I know nothing about overclocking them other than that it is possible with certain motherboards. Might want to do some research on that before you buy.

PC:

IoT:

1 hour ago, CtrlAltELITE said:

Yeah the i3 is a good bet. To be honest I know nothing about overclocking them other than that it is possible with certain motherboards. Might want to do some research on that before you buy.

the guy above said to use z170 mother boards and so that is what i am factoring into my build. also there is a video to support it above

So i made revisions to my setup, my question is will this allow for heavy gaming, graphics intense games like The Witcher 3 and Fall0ut 4 because those are the games i will be playing for the forseeable future along with MP games like counterstrike and TF2 (I know those can run on my current system, but i am sick of my laptop) BTW my laptop has 16 gb of ram, has an i7 4710hq and a 860m gpu. The Gpu is my bottleneck so i am want to upgrade because the laptop is still under warranty and i do not want to void it by upgrading the gpu. It is from costco and if a gpu upgrade doesn't void warranty and can run with the power supply of the laptop would be cheaper than a new setup. However i do have space for mid tower pc and i am confused about the warranty thing because the laptop has the 860m that's the bottleneck of the system.

ok so i checked i cant by a mobile graphics card so this new build is my only option so now comes the time to start saving and maybe by the end of the summer i will have my custom built PC

Here is the part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/rFJ8hM