So, 1 more week until AMD's event in Hawaii and we'll finally get to see their new line of GPUs.

I am so freaking excited, i hope they live up to their name.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

yes im excited of their  new line of refreshed GPUs

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It is just announcement, not release :)

"we'll finally get to see"

"to see"

It's going to be livestreamed and it's rumoured that they'll show new footage of BF4 running on the new hardware.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

"we'll finally get to see"

"to see"

It's going to be livestreamed and it's rumoured that they'll show new footage of BF4 running on the new hardware.

Yes, but only R2-290 series are new rest of them are refresh. :)

Still i am so exsited!

yes im excited of their new line of refreshed GPUs

It's not a refresh they have a new architechture but the die size remains the same (highest end)

It's not a refresh they have a new architechture but the die size remains the same (highest end)

Morgan Freeman, you wanna fite me irl? Do u even lift, u can't hunt me bro, u can't handle mah moves bro

everything except Hawaii is a refresh no ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Morgan Freeman, you wanna fite me irl? Do u even lift, u can't hunt me bro, u can't handle mah moves bro

I could just narrate that you die, but i will not waste my time with peseants like you. :P

I could just narrate that you die, but i will not waste my time with peseants like you. :P

By the way found a reference Gainward 780 under 100€, website says it's out of stock so i assume that's why it's so cheap right now, will you even get them if you pay and order right now?

http://www.centralpoint.nl/componenten/gainward/gtx780-3gb-nv-ref-art-2890-num-2386470/?ref=34&utm_source=hardwareinfonl&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hardwareinfoclick

and here

http://www.centralpoint.be/nl/composants/gainward/gtx780-3gb-nv-ref-art-2890-num-1605898/

By the way found a reference Gainward 780 under 100€, website says it's out of stock so i assume that's why it's so cheap right now, will you even get them if you pay and order right now?

http://www.centralpoint.nl/componenten/gainward/gtx780-3gb-nv-ref-art-2890-num-2386470/?ref=34&utm_source=hardwareinfonl&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hardwareinfoclick

and here

http://www.centralpoint.be/nl/composants/gainward/gtx780-3gb-nv-ref-art-2890-num-1605898/

I think the sellers have messed things up, on the picture there is some internet security software

I think the sellers have messed things up, on the picture there is some internet security software

Shiet...

Don't worry we'll know specs before official release,like always :P  rumours are never far from truth

Guys don't hype it up too much, because you will be disappointed. You are probably going to see GTX 780 performance for $550...  Nothing ground breaking.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Guys don't hype it up too much, because you will be disappointed. You are probably going to see GTX 780 performance for $550...  Nothing ground breaking.

Saving money and getting more isn't good enough?

Saving money and getting more isn't a good enough?

Do you think GTX 780 performance is worth $550? I don't...... that's just me.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

Do you think GTX 780 performance is worth $550? I don't...... that's just me.

And who told you it will be the same performance? Who told you it will be 550?

And who told you it will be the same performance? Who told you it will be 550?

It's 28nm and it's 30% smaller than the GK110. Of course I don't know for sure on the pricing and performance. But giving these specifications, I don't think people should hype it up so much. Just to be left with a Meh.....

It's 28nm and it's 30% smaller than the GK110. Of course I don't know for sure on the pricing and performance. But giving these specifications, I don't think people should hype it up so much. Just to be left with a Meh.....

Pretty sure it will be faster than the Titan, pretty sure it will cost less than a 780. I'm not hyping it up, but the guys working there aren't idiots. I would expect it to be around 500$ maybe, who knows.

I just want to see the full specs, the performance and the price then i'll decide if i get 2 of them, if it's too expensive then i'll get a 7990.

Pretty sure it will be faster than the Titan, pretty sure it will cost less than a 780. I'm not hyping it up, but the guys working there aren't idiots. I would expect it to be around 500$ maybe, who knows.

I just want to see the full specs, the performance and the price then i'll decide if i get 2 of them, if it's too expensive then i'll get a 7990.

I hear ya. Trust me, I want these cards to perform well, I was kinda let down a little bit when I read the WSJ interview with an AMD manager, saying they are not going after the ultra high end (Titan) just the High end. Either way I always look forward to new videocards - Nvidia or AMD. I just hope people are not left disappointed, because it may not be a Titan killer everyone is wanting. Maybe you could grab two 7970's for $280 bucks each and save some money if the new cards are a disappointment?

I hear ya. Trust me, I want these cards to perform well, I was kinda let down a little bit when I read the WSJ interview with an AMD manager, saying they are not going after the ultra high end (Titan) just the High end. Either way I always look forward to new videocards - Nvidia or AMD. I just hope people are not left disappointed, because it may not be a Titan killer everyone is wanting. Maybe you could grab two 7970's for $280 bucks each and save some money if the new cards are a disappointment?

Well 2 7970s here cost more than a 7990, the higher end GHz editions cost even more. It's a negligible difference in performance really so i rather just have 1 card in my case.

It's been almost 2 years since the 7000 series came out, i just can't even believe that AMD could disappoint, they've had enough time to create something awesome. Like i said if it's not as great as we thought, i'm getting a 7990, that's it for me, plus the money i would have spent on 2 of the new cards will be available for me to spend on other crap.