What rack do I need to fit these?

TheMidnightNarwhal

So I need a rack that I can fit this router and fit a switch, UPS's and powerabrs. A drilled in the ground rack is also a requirement.

Also, how do racks/rackmounts work in general? Do you just slap rails on the item (switch/router) and you fit in the rack or is there more to it?

3 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Oh yeah I will add UPS's and powerbars. Something that is drilled in the ground is also needed.

Just now, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

What do you mean?

to hold your equipment into the rack you use rack mount ears 

3 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

to hold your equipment into the rack you use rack mount ears 

Ok, so it's standard? Any rack mount ears will do?

Just now, TheMidnightNarwhal said:

Ok, so it's standard? Any rack mount ears will do?

no they usually make them specific for the item going inside. But thats all it is is a bracket to hold it in there.

For every item you need to get the appropriate rack mounting hardware. For a UPS, if the manufacturer says it is rack mountable, it will include the rack ears. Ditto for routers and switches. The only thing you normally use rails for is servers. Most servers will come either with rails or with mounting ears and rails being an optional addon, but you should check in every case to make sure.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

I have never mounted a UPS by dog ears alone, I usually end up getting a shelf. But that's just me, because of all the weight I just get paranoid it's going to bend over time. But as others have said, your switches and such should've already came with mounting hardware if they are meant to be mounted in a rack.

Otherwise you can just buy 1u (or whatever) shelves to put the equipment on. Rails are good when you're mounting something that's more than say 20 inches or heavy.

5 hours ago, Mikensan said:

I have never mounted a UPS by dog ears alone, I usually end up getting a shelf. But that's just me, because of all the weight I just get paranoid it's going to bend over time. But as others have said, your switches and such should've already came with mounting hardware if they are meant to be mounted in a rack.

Otherwise you can just buy 1u (or whatever) shelves to put the equipment on. Rails are good when you're mounting something that's more than say 20 inches or heavy.

I'd actually be more worried about a cheaper rack bending than the rack ears that come with the UPS. 

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: