Pascal is coming!

I just left the gadget show live where I was talking a vr game dev about graphics cards and i told him that I was going to buy a new gpu soon when he told me to wait because Pascal would be coming next week. He realised that he shouldn't have told me that so did shh sign to me. 

Later on I was trying get some information from him about polaris but he didn't say anything but he did tell me to wait a week or two then get the r9 I was planning,presumably meaning that polaris won't be coming for a while. 

He also told me that amd have been making a real push for vr (another dev said the same). The last thing he told me was that he was meeting with nvidea's head of vr in two weeks, presumably a big meeting with other devs. 

Wow this is beyond WCCF Tech levels of credibility.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Wow this is beyond WCCF Tech levels of credibility.

This isnt your average levels of wccf tech cred.

tumblr_m814c76B0v1qb1ou4.png

This is ... Advanced levels of cred!

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Well, nVidia does have a graphics conference coming up in a week, so it's plausible Pascal is right at our doorsteps. :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

I actually think Pascal will be launching next month. Even if Polaris turns out to be better, this head start would put AMD way behind.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

There will always be something new 9 months away...

If you wait, you'll be waiting forever...

If you need a GPU today, then you need one today.  Even if they launch in a week, that doesn't mean they'll be easy to find at Newegg the week after.

That being said, if your current system is working and you just have the itch to upgrade, then yea, give it a few more weeks, we'll know more.

2 minutes ago, Tech Deals said:

There will always be something new 9 months away...

If you wait, you'll be waiting forever...

If you need a GPU today, then you need one today.  Even if they launch in a week, that doesn't mean they'll be easy to find at Newegg the week after.

That being said, if your current system is working and you just have the itch to upgrade, then yea, give it a few more weeks, we'll know more.

1.5 to 2 years actually. Let's not give credence to myths spread by people who think PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

1.5 to 2 years actually. Let's not give credence to myths spread by people who think PC gaming is more expensive than console gaming.

There have been times when jumps in performance happened.

Core2 over NetBurst for example.  Sandy Bridge over everything before it!

ATI 5xxx vs. ATI 4xxx

NVidia 88xx vs. 78xx

Heck, how about a 386DX/25 vs 286/12 :)

The challenge is that there have been even MORE times when the new products didn't bring anything new.

AMD 390 vs 290

Pentium 66 vs 486DX/2-66

GeForce 3 vs GeForce 2

Skylake vs Haswell

---

The wise person waits to see actual benchmarks and real performance before buying anything.

I knew that this wouldnt be considered creditable at all, I just felt obliged to tell other people that are excited for it

14 minutes ago, Chriswatchesyou said:

I knew that this wouldnt be considered creditable at all, I just felt obliged to tell other people that are excited for it

I don't say you don't tell the truth.
Still there are way to much rumors turnd out to be false so i stopped getting excited by them. Also i think it is possible they show off a working prototype. But the actual product launch and aviable cards to buy a few days later? Meh, probably not.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

10 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Still there are way to much rumors turnd out to be false so i stopped getting excited by them. Also i think it is possible they show off a working prototype. But the actual product launch and aviable cards to buy a few days later? Meh, probably not.

Not to mention the date we got this "info"...

linux master race.

2 hours ago, Kunter said:

Not to mention the date we got this "info"...

For me March 31st around 5:30pm so not quite April fools :)

2 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

It wasn't directed at you in particular, you just made me realise that

I am still using onboard graphics, the HD4600 ... because i have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the release of best architecture platform for the GPU

On 31/03/2016 at 1:09 PM, Tech Deals said:

AMD 390 vs 290

You're comparing second terror to fourth right there. The 290's successor was the fury

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Sorry but this is somewhat implausible - actually, impossible.

Polaris taped out first and we've been told time and time again that Pascal is scheduled for June

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

On 31.3.2016 at 6:39 PM, Chriswatchesyou said:

I just left the gadget show live where I was talking a vr game dev about graphics cards and i told him that I was going to buy a new gpu soon when he told me to wait because Pascal would be coming next week. He realised that he shouldn't have told me that so did shh sign to me. 

Later on I was trying get some information from him about polaris but he didn't say anything but he did tell me to wait a week or two then get the r9 I was planning,presumably meaning that polaris won't be coming for a while. 

He also told me that amd have been making a real push for vr (another dev said the same). The last thing he told me was that he was meeting with nvidea's head of vr in two weeks, presumably a big meeting with other devs. 

So you where rigth Pascal is here.

But as a product made for data centers and it start's shipping in Q1 2017, I don't really care as an average consumer.

No hype, no disappointment;)

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil