Is G SYNC worth giving up my 55" HDTV?

Nex Cube

So this is probably more of an opinion type of deal than anything, but I've never actually seen G SYNC in action so I'm not really sure what to expect out of it. Right now I play my PC games on my KDL-55W900A Sony TV. This can only be at 60hz and can't be overclocked. My PC is also capable of handling 4k, but for that I could always buy a 4k TV. My question is, do you guys think it would be worth switching to something like this so that I can have G SYNC or would going down to 28 inches completely defeat the purpose of trying to have a better experience? Thanks.

GSync is worth it, so in a word: yes. (If your rig can handle it)

However that monitor is a TN panel and I'm not going back to those again. So on that particular version: no.

1 minute ago, CapricaBuccaneers said:

GSync is worth it, so in a word: yes. (If your rig can handle it)

However that monitor is a TN panel and I'm not going back to those again. So on that particular version: no.

Do you have one you could recommend with 4k?

I actually have a pretty great setup with my TV at a pretty good level. Is 1440p 2k or 4k? I'm kinda wanting to get one that has 4k. I probably can't handle it great unless I stuck another GTX 980 Ti in my rig, but the option for less demanding games would be nice.

1 minute ago, Nex Cube said:

I actually have a pretty great setup with my TV at a pretty good level. Is 1440p 2k or 4k? I'm kinda wanting to get one that has 4k. I probably can't handle it great unless I stuck another GTX 980 Ti in my rig, but the option for less demanding games would be nice.

2560x1440 is commonly known as either WQHD, QHD, 2.5k, or just 1440p. 1920x1080 is the closest thing to 2k.

And a 27 inch, 2560x1440 monitor is the bee's knees. I personally want to say that it's the best compromise you can get between size and pixels per inch.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

2560x1440 is commonly known as either WQHD, QHD, 2.5k, or just 1440p. 1920x1080 is the closest thing to 2k.

And a 27 inch, 2560x1440 monitor is the bee's knees. I personally want to say that it's the best compromise you can get between size and pixels per inch.

Nice, thanks for the info. Is there any particular monitors you would recommend? I looked for some and I only found them at around the same price as the one I linked which is 4k. I might just go with something like that, I'm not sure... Can you even really notice the difference between that and 4k on a 27 inch monitor? and that resolution is supported in games right? Sorry just kind of learning still, never even heard of that lol.

13 minutes ago, Nex Cube said:

Do you have one you could recommend with 4k?

All of the currently available 4K monitors are limited to 60Hz refresh rate and for that reason alone I would never buy one - they're heavily overpriced for what they offer.

That and for my usage - gaming, mostly AAA or demanding ones - 4K is a hardware killer. 

I would recommend, as has already been suggested, you take a look at 2560x1440 (Asus PG279Q for example) or 3440x1440 (Acer Predator X34 for another example) depending on if you prefer 16:9 or 21:9 ratio displays.

Intel 5820K OC@4.7 / MSI Raider X99 / 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200mhz / x2 EVGA 980Ti Hybrid OC @1468 / Corsair Vengeance C70 (OD Green) / 2x Samsung 840 Evo in Raid 0 / Corsair RM1000x / Corsair H110i GTX  - Firestrike Score – 26156 (so far, lol)

Actually... sorry to keep asking but is this a good option? 

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-UltraWide-Widescreen-X34/dp/B016GNX4SE/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459402283&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=curved+1440p+g-sync

I've really been looking at these ultrawide monitors and I think that would be great actually. Do a lot of games actually support that kind of resolution?

Will have to save up a bit for that one but certainly seems like it would be worth it, lol.