900d case mod and build outline. Your thoughts?

dwpdwp

Start a new mod on my 900d. So what do the users of LTT think of the following. I plan to start in the next week and finish by end of October. 

1. Removing 5.25 bays supports
  2. Removing the motherbaord tray
  3. Modding front panel to have a full length plexiglass window with a fans behind it
  4. Separating the bottom compartment with a blanking panel
  5. Installing a highly polished copper blanking plate that covers the entire area that used to be occupied by the 5.25 bays and mobo tray. The blanking plate will also be have a aluminium sheet attached to it to add strength and ridgitity
  6. Rotating the mobo by 90 degrees anti clock wise and mounting the rear I/O on the compartment separating plate. Basically like a TJ11, but upside down. The motherboard would be aligned with the centre of the case
  7. Adding a window the other door. To show off the cable management and water runs from that side
  8. Create mounting points on the back of the main blanking plate for SSD drives
  9. Powder coating the entire case another colour, most likely white. (not the copper blanking plate obliviously)

Possible? Any problems anyone can think off?

Anyone seen any examples of the stuff on that list before? I.e. the copper blanking plate or the rotated mobo mod? 

If you can pull this off, it will be the best 900D mod out there. Please do it!

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Sounds cool but i would experiment with plasti dip color combinations before u paint it then decide u wouldnt like it and u can peel it off when u want to change it at a fraction of the price.

Would love to see it done!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Ambitious plan, i like it! Go for it. :)

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Actually Copper and white look very nice together. see B Negatives incredible Artic Water.

he41.jpg

I would recommend that you keep the mother board tray and just cover it with the copper. You will need to extend the Copper into the open areas

by the drive area and add more support in that area.  I looked at mine and there are some angles at the front of the mother board tray that you will need to cut off.

By restructuring the whole area you are just creating unnecessary work in my opinion.  Once you cover things up no one knows or cares what's  behind it.   
I like your idea for the front panel.  If you want to simplify things a bit use the lower front grill cover as part of a frame for your Acrylic. 

I don't know if you have looked at my Metallica build, but I covered the whole front with one piece of diamond plate and it all attaches to the original mounting studs. 

If you used something like that as a frame and then cut out the center for your glass and fans, that could work for you.

The plasti dip tip is a good idea, it looks very good and painting may not be needed?

Welcome to the 900D club! you are going to love working on this case.

with plasti dip you can remove it if you don't like it

Gigabyte Aorus pro z390 :Intel Core I5 9600K RAM:Kingston HyperX 16 GB: Asus gtx 1070 Ti AE : WD Black SN 750 ,500 GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Kingston Fury HyperX 120 GB, Hitach 500 GB : Corsair RM750x :Colorful Raynor G1 AOC C24G1  Razer Kraken TE Bassilisk Ultimate ,Ornada Chroma