Ultrawide curve or 4k? (under 500)

Ultrawide curve or 4k? (under 500)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which monitor is better for editing workstations?? (mainly video)

• Ultrawide 21:9 1080p Curve
    • Ultrawide 21:9 no curve

the title,

i am on a price budget for my rig, 5820k and 980ti.

and i will doing more productivity. also onething to note i am 4'10" (~147 cm) so my neck will snap with a goddamn tv on my desk.

could you also give me recommendations!

£ or $ or other..?

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just now, AstroBenny said:

£ or $ or other..?

dem us dollars.

4K with windows 10 is far better for productivity than 21:9. Easy window sizing/arrangement with windowskey+left/right+up/down. No need for the klunky screensplit programs of 21:9

I have a 4K + 3x 1080p setup and I hardly ever use my extra monitors with 4K on windows 10 now

Ultrawide 3440x1440 is best for video editing, if we talk just 1 screen.

I use 3x 2560x1440p in portrait (4520x2560) and a 4k monitor for my editing setup.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

1 minute ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

If it is under 500USD, the resolution you'll probably find most 21:9 monitor is 2560x1080. At that point you might as well go with a nice 1440p panel so that way you have more vertical space.

1440p , people say it does not scale well. 1080p is fine because i dont plan on doing 4k video anytime soon.

Just now, josephaltareb said:

1440p , people say it does not scale well. 1080p is fine because i dont plan on doing 4k video anytime soon.

Incorrect, people states that 4k doesn't scale well with Windows.

Nonetheless, you are already willing to pay out 500USD for a monitor. and you have considered a 2560x1080 panel or a 4k panel. 

So you might as well go for what's in the middle, a 1440P panel. You get the same horizontal space as the 2560x1080 ultra wide, but with more vertical space for you to work on. But a smaller resolution then 4k, but no scaling issue.

When it comes to video editing, you want all the space you can get to work with.

3 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

Incorrect, people states that 4k doesn't scale well with Windows.

Nonetheless, you are already willing to pay out 500USD for a monitor. and you have considered a 2560x1080 panel or a 4k panel. 

So you might as well go for what's in the middle, a 1440P panel. You get the same horizontal space as the 2560x1080 ultra wide, but with more vertical space for you to work on. But a smaller resolution then 4k, but no scaling issue.

When it comes to video editing, you want all the space you can get to work with.

Acer XG270HU 27"  or a  LG 29UC97C-B

4 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

Acer XG270HU 27"  or a  LG 29UC97C-B

None of the above.

Dell U2715H

Or the Dell U2515H

Both are IPS based panel and factory calibrated. At lest the u2715H was for me when I ordered it. Actually...the u2715H is on sale, I got mine for 550USD.

3 minutes ago, itsmyjobtoknow said:

None of the above.

Dell U2715H

Or the Dell U2515H

Both are IPS based panel and factory calibrated. At lest the u2715H was for me when I ordered it. Actually...the u2715H is on sale, I got mine for 550USD.

yeah i'll consider.

but i wonder if i'll cheap out with this (i think its a typo because it says it weighs 2000 pounds.)  BenQ GW Series GW2765HT 

Just now, josephaltareb said:

yeah i'll consider.

but i wonder if i'll cheap out with this (i think its a typo because it says it weighs 2000 pounds.)  BenQ GW Series GW2765HT 

That is more expensive then the U2515H I've listed. But it is ultimately up to you. 

If you want a 4k, then this one of the better in the price range: http://4k.com/monitor/a-review-of-the-samsung-4k-uhd-qhd-ue590-28-inch-screen-u28e590d-led-lit-monitor/

The Samsung U28E590D is also an excellent performer in color gamut ranges. For its price, it delivers more than its fair share of excellent color rendering. In both the sRGB and AdobeRGB color gamut ranges.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

2k ultrawide. Less demanding than 4k and the wider fov makes for great gaming and productivety