Looking for some fan advice

Bion1985

So I'm working in a Corsair C70 Vengeance case. I have the two 120mm front fans set as intakes (top drive cage removed for airflow), top 140mm fans for h110i as exhaust, and rear 140mm fan as exhaust also. I have a open fan header on my motherboard and a couple spare 140mm fans I could use. So question is should I put another fan on the back side of my lower drive cage? One of the two intake 140mm fans currently installed in front of case is on the outer side of the drive cage, would adding one to the inner side provide and benefits or just increase fan noise?

4 minutes ago, Bion1985 said:

So I'm working in a Corsair C70 Vengeance case. I have the two 120mm front fans set as intakes (top drive cage removed for airflow), top 140mm fans for h110i as exhaust, and rear 140mm fan as exhaust also. I have a open fan header on my motherboard and a couple spare 140mm fans I could use. So question is should I put another fan on the back side of my lower drive cage? One of the two intake 140mm fans currently installed in front of case is on the outer side of the drive cage, would adding one to the inner side provide and benefits or just increase fan noise?

How are your temps on the CPU and GPU?  I don't think it will make much of a difference.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Adding a fan just inside your drive cage not as an intake or exhaust will only cause fan noise and change the air flow inside the system...a waste of time and energy. If you can you should add other fans to function as intakes or exhaust fans depending on if you are trying to have a positive, negative, or neutral pressure in your case. 

For my current case I have 3x 140mm fans set up as filtered intake fans (with low noise adapters to keep rpms low). One fan on the CPU cooler...and one 140mm fan set as the exhaust. When summer hits and ambient temps come up I might add one more exhaust to the top of my case...but for now everything is happy and quiet.  

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

2 minutes ago, Amazingasian said:

How are your temps on the CPU and GPU?  I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Not terrible I don't think stress testing cpu maybe gets up to the low 80'speed but usually around 78ish I think. Gpu is between 73-80c depending on game. I got 980ti overclocked to 1400 at boost and a 4690k 4.6ghz at 1.28v.

3 minutes ago, Papakuma said:

Adding a fan just inside your drive cage not as an intake or exhaust will only cause fan noise and change the air flow inside the system...a waste of time and energy. If you can you should add other fans to function as intakes or exhaust fans depending on if you are trying to have a positive, negative, or neutral pressure in your case. 

For my current case I have 3x 140mm fans set up as filtered intake fans (with low noise adapters to keep rpms low). One fan on the CPU cooler...and one 140mm fan set as the exhaust. When summer hits and ambient temps come up I might add one more exhaust to the top of my case...but for now everything is happy and quiet.  

Yea i would love to add another intake but my only option is to mount it to the bottom of the case and have it draw air for the bottom up. Just think those fans look kinda funny just mounted to the floor of the case.

1 minute ago, Bion1985 said:

Not terrible I don't think stress testing cpu maybe gets up to the low 80'speed but usually around 78ish I think. Gpu is between 73-80c depending on game. I got 980ti overclocked to 1400 at boost and a 4690k 4.6ghz at 1.28v.

Yea i would love to add another intake but my only option is to mount it to the bottom of the case and have it draw air for the bottom up. Just think those fans look kinda funny just mounted to the floor of the case.

Yea.  An extra fan won't make it that much of a difference.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4