Looking for 2x120mm radiator where plugs are on side instead end of the rad

Clarification picture:

radiator_240.png

I think I saw option 1 some years ago but haven't seen them anymore. I have very restricted case where regular 240 radiators won't fit and I want the case to be compact.

If there ain't anymore these kind available, I have to try mounting two 120mm side by side.

Is there a URL for the picture you posted, I can't see it.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

http://hal.garde.fi/~fireflower/kuvia/tietokone/muut/radiator_240.png

for pc watercooling radiators ive never seen something like that. you might want to look into <125cc motorcycle engine radiators and use clamps to connect them.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

7 hours ago, sl06bhytmar said:

Clarification picture:

I think I saw option 1 some years ago but haven't seen them anymore. I have very restricted case where regular 240 radiators won't fit and I want the case to be compact.

If there ain't anymore these kind available, I have to try mounting two 120mm side by side.

There are crossflow type rads like theses or ones with extra ports as a regular rad, only other one I know that might have something like that is the Aquacomputer Airplex rads:

http://hardwarelabs.com/sr2/products/black-ice-sr2-mp/sr2-240-mp

https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/aquacomputer-airplex-modularity-ams-copper-360-radiator/

Aquacomputer or SR2 won't work. Too long. I have like 5mm clearance to both ways when fans are mounted. Sideways I have 50 mm both ways. So area where 240mm rad has to fit is 250 x 220 

Also other problem is rad has to be only 30mm thick otherwise I would have to use slim fans ;)

Joys of the ITX build ;)

3 minutes ago, sl06bhytmar said:

Aquacomputer won't work. Too long. I have like 5mm clearance to both ways when fans are mounted. Sideways I have 50 mm both ways. So area where 240mm rad has to fit is 250 x 220 

Yeah those would be the only ones that I know of that use that type of block/endtank and fin design, not too sure of others that would be much slimmer or have smaller end tanks unfortunately. 

Other option is to make this myself by buying copper piping and bend it myself and solder fins also by hand and making enclosure for it to mount fans. Could then sacrifice 5 year old Antec kuhler 620 pump + block to test it... Maybe during summer

Just now, sl06bhytmar said:

Other option is to make this myself buy buying copper piping and bend it myself and solder fins also by hand and making enclosure for it to mount fans.

While possible to say modify an existing unit it would still be a fairly involved task to do so not to mention making on from scratch.

Making on from scratch ain't that complicated when you have 10 ton press. Just have to make a fixture for pressing fins.

1 minute ago, sl06bhytmar said:

Making on from scratch ain't that complicated when you have 10 ton press. Just have to make a fixture for pressing fins.

Well then if you have all the tools then :D, it might be easier to modify an exist only and say slim down the end tanks or modify the flow so it wraps around to the side. 

3 meters of copper pipe (12mm/10mm) costs about 28€, aluminium fins for would cost 18€, about 210 fins then (~6.5 fins per inch). Making a fixture for pressing fins with holes costs 0€ (takes just time). Probably can press 6 fins in one go. Casing could be made from spare steel that is lying around.

3 meters of copper pipe costs about 28€, aluminium fins for would cost 18€, about 210 fins then (~6.5 fins per inch)

It might be easier to solder or braze together the tubes and fins if they are brass, but sounds like this will be a very unique project if you do go through making a rad :P 

Brass is more expensive than aluminium. Of course I could just make it to have only friction contact but soldering would improve heat transfer. What it is just 6 or 8 times 210 solders by hand. 

Could probably solder them with 2kW hot table that is used for aluminium PCB soldering. Heats up anything really fast to 240 degrees. Then would have to just tip solder on the joints and it is done under 15 minutes.

Brass is more expensive than aluminium. Of course I could just make it to have only friction contact but soldering would improve heat transfer. What it is just 6 or 8 times 210 solders by hand. 

Yeah that's true a lot of soldering between the contact points, unless you just lay some solder down or pre-tin the tubes for reheating/bonding the fins. Just wondering what case it is going it that you would need such a unique rad? 

Actually just modded Lian Li case.

I am using just regular 120mm AIO currently but CPU keeps still frying hot with OC :P

4 minutes ago, sl06bhytmar said:

Actually just modded Lian Li case.

I am using just regular 120mm AIO currently but CPU keeps still frying hot with OC :P

Ah ok, any thoughts on doing an external rad box those would give you a lot of modularity if you wanted to expand it, bit it would take up more space.

Well I thought of that but I still would like to keep everything inside the hot box :)

Currently my GPU Aio is a bit outside because front panel wasn't good idea with stock holes (no air got trough). 

Final water cooled system on ITX case would have 120 or 140mm front panel radiator and 240mm radiator on top of the case and air would be sucked in trough every hole possible (bottom and back plate)

I only need to decide do I want that 240mm radiator to be one single unit or two 120mm radiators joined together.

41 minutes ago, sl06bhytmar said:

Well I thought of that but I still would like to keep everything inside the hot box :)
Currently my GPU Aio is a bit outside because front panel wasn't good idea with stock holes (no air got trough). 

Final water cooled system on ITX case would have 120 or 140mm front panel radiator and 240mm radiator on top of the case and air would be sucked in trough every hole possible (bottom and back plate)

I only need to decide do I want that 240mm radiator to be one single unit or two 120mm radiators joined together.

WEll you can get away with a single 240mm for both a CPU and GPU but may not be the most silent since it's at the bare minimum. 

Well it is kinda rigous task to keep everything cool inside very compact case. 4x3.5" HDD + 2.5" SSD, Top end GPU, good old sandy bridge 2600k @ max stable clock (thermal throttles with higher OC). Case originally had one 120mm on roof and 140mm front fans. Now I have fitted two 120mm AIO's, one for GPU and for CPU. GPU radiator comes out from self made side panel and cutted hole for 120mm radiator there. Front panel is pretty thichk aluminium and back then didn't want to cut new case. I already cutted one extra 120mm slot on roof but it is tight fit with 5.25" device place (also supports HDD cage). Front panel cutting is going to be next but then I realised I cannot fit 240mm AIO radiator to roof because plugin clearances just make it doesn't fit into intened place.

Well regular 240mm radiator would fit inside if I toss 5.25" device out but then I would have to buy external USB ones and I them regularly, so kinda not an option. Of course I could buy a new bigger case with money that I would spend on water cooling but hey, you have to try everything at least once :)

Back in 2012 this was the top end case for ITX builds but now it is kinda outdated. Have been looking at Evga Hadron case but my HDD's would have hard time fitting there securely. Also still would have to buy USB version for my 5.25" device.