I7 4770K

8GB Dominator RAM

GTX 780

Asus Phoebus

Fractal Define R4 Silent

Corsair RM 850

Dark Rock Silent Cooler

Blueray Drive

Im looking for headphones that are great for gaming (Mostly play FPS & RTS) I have a budget of around £200, at the moment I've been using a pair of SkullCandy Slyr Gaming headphones which really dont cut it with my current Xonar DG, what headphones would you guys recommend from personal expieriences?

Also watch ALOT of movies and I would like to upgrade my surround sound speakers aswell anyone have any good recommendations? I was womdering if the Corsair Gaming speakers are a good match up with the phoesbus?

I've only heard good things about the Corsair SP2500 but they are 2.1 so if you like your 5.1 - 7.1's more than amazing 2.1's get something else hah. I would recommend some sennheiser HD headphones as in my experience they have been the best.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-High-End-Open-Circumaural-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379423904&sr=8-1&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+598

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CA-SP211UK-SP2500-Gaming-Speaker/dp/B004LWZ8ZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379423920&sr=8-1&keywords=Corsair+SP2500

I wouldn't get the Phoebus.

As for headphones, grab the dt 990's or ad900x.

Corsair speakers are not good for the money, and the Phoebus won't have any effect on speakers, you need a dedicated DAC for an imporovment.

If you want 2.1 pick up the a2's or a5+ and pick up a nice subwoofer.

Corsair speakers are not good for the money, and the Phoebus won't have any effect on speakers, you need a dedicated DAC for an imporovment.

+1

I'd go with this, and get a dac like he said, with the ad900x.  I have them and I absolutely love them, would recommend to anyone in the market for headphones around that price range.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Also building a new system based off an ASUS ROG VI Gene and will be using the onboard sound (one of the reasons I chose this board)

Currently have Sennheiser Black HD 280 PRO although they are unfortunately connected to poor onboard sound on a DELL business PC I am using as a stop gap.

Some questions

• do open-back headphones give a significant sound improvement over an almost identically specced closed-back headphone
  • based on the above question, would ATH-A900X closed-back be as good as the ATH-AD900X
  • would there be a noticeable audio experience between my current HD 280 and either of the 900X headphones

Thanks for any info

----------------

Only as old as you game!!

Gaming since PONG invented in '70s

Also building a new system based off an ASUS ROG VI Gene and will be using the onboard sound (one of the reasons I chose this board)

Currently have Sennheiser Black HD 280 PRO although they are unfortunately connected to poor onboard sound on a DELL business PC I am using as a stop gap.

Some questions

• do open-back headphones give a significant sound improvement over an almost identically specced closed-back headphone
  • based on the above question, would ATH-A900X closed-back be as good as the ATH-AD900X
  • would there be a noticeable audio experience between my current HD 280 and either of the 900X headphones

Thanks for any info

Answers in bold.

• do open-back headphones give a significant sound improvement over an almost identically specced closed-back headphone - No.
  • based on the above question, would ATH-A900X closed-back be as good as the ATH-AD900X - Couldn't tell you, You'd have to try both.
  • would there be a noticeable audio experience between my current HD 280 and either of the 900X headphones - Yes for sure.

The difference between closed and open headphones that are otherwise exactly the same is usually just boomy bass on the closed back (the degree of added bass varies). Matter of personal preference.