My Custom Case PC by Rein

ReinPure
Hi

I just copied my post from NVIDIA ANZ, wasn't sure if I could just post the link.

This is my PC I have been working on for the last couple of months, and it is finally finished and running. 

2o8hAyF.jpg

I must say this is the first time I've done this and while I am happy with what I achieved, the overall build quality of the final build is more on a "prototype" level than a finished product. You will clearly notice holes not matching properly, bad paint work, etc. The components I used are also not top of the line stuff as I could not afford all new stuff and had to reuse a lot of what I already had, but I am happy.

Components:

Asus GTX 970 mini DCUII
Core i7 2600k
Asus P8H61 - I
8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Fractal Design Kelvin S24
Koolance Quick Disconnects
Barrow Fittings

Design was done on SolidWorks, and the pieces were laser cut:

imzAiYN.jpg

The aluminium panels were bent and welded: (I didn't weld as I don't have any experience with AC Tig welding)

p5kPXuT.jpg

Completed shell:

Fkvx36rg.jpg

Fitting the SFX-L PSU and the rails for the radiator:

bAMO8LY.jpg
KPhbv01.jpg

Checking space for component layout, I obviously didn't have to get a short mini 970:

wJ9hGTk.jpg

Checking I/O shield fitment:

F3mnNUA.jpg

Heart of the visuals:

Noctua paste:

ThirQw6.jpg

I was able to find a 970 mini waterblock after weeks of searching, it's from Bykski:

cyhI6vc.jpg

I designed without having all my components, obviously I guestimated poorly, and had to cut out the side of my case...:

gHyrKDy.jpg

GPU backplate had to be cut back a little to fit next to the mobo:

It actually posts with the cheap looking PCI 90 degree riser:

P9wM5eK.jpg

Plastidipped the case. It peels off super easily and my case is full of bare metal nicks everywhere, yay... I don't recommend it for painting an entire case:

VPrtyWB.jpg

Mounting PSU and radiator:

VOS86hV.jpg

Plumbing time:

ZZ3ATfE.jpg

I actually think I like the look of the case better on it's side:

IinQUIM.jpg

Filling the loop with no reservoir and only two hands at my disposal, difficult:

ekteNsc.jpg

Finished, running, not leaking yet, and ready to game ( the way it's meant to be played):

pgoI519.jpg

More pictures at the link:

Hope I can do some more custom cases in the future, with hopefully some better specs and also improving the build quality to acceptable standards :P

Thanks for reading through it.

Rein

what water block is on the cpu?

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

i will pay u 150 for case. 

if no i'll just buy a r5.

3 hours ago, papapoi said:

looks good, how much you selling for :P

Thanks! NFS sorry :P Even if it was, I doubt it would hold up during shipping. 

3 hours ago, Kobrastachka said:

what water block is on the cpu?

The block is from the Fractal Design Kelvin S24, which is an expandable AIO with pump built into block.

3 hours ago, josephaltareb said:

i will pay u 150 for case. 

if no i'll just buy a r5.

I'll take that as a compliment :) Unfortunately it isn't for sale; I would not be happy selling it to someone anyway, it's definitely not up to my quality standards.

Woah whats with all the peps wanting to buy, don't you know what shipping is like from Perth, WA!

Nice job, everything is possible including a world without AMD and rationality.

Being a dick aside, this is actually really cool mate, what are your thermals like?

36 minutes ago, DieHörnær said:

Woah whats with all the peps wanting to buy, don't you know what shipping is like from Perth, WA!

Nice job, everything is possible including a world without AMD and rationality.

Being a dick aside, this is actually really cool mate, what are your thermals like?

Does it say I am from Perth? I am from Middle Earth.

I have only looped Heaven to check nothing was fully going to die, GPU was at 68 C. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking, as it's only a single 240 rad.

Could possibly test some more when I get time.